Going to the dealer and need some help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Going to the dealer and need some help

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and C

Unread 10-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
ackmaui

2014 JK Wrangler 

Going to the dealer and need some help

Hi everyone, I am going to the dealer next week to trade in my 1999 Jeep wrangler TJ for a 2014 JK. This will be the first time that I am going to a deaer alone and I don't want to look like an idiot. I know Jeeps but when the dealer sees a woman they think we are stupid. I want to make sure that I get the best deal but I'm not sure how to go about it. I do know that there is no way I am going to go blindly there and accept their offer. But how do I talk them down? Thanks for any help.

ackmaui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 07:08 AM   #2
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

why do you need to talk them down? the only person to whom it matters if the deal is good or not is you. and remember, there is no such thing as the "best deal," only the one you finally decide on. the "best deal" or "lowest price" does not exist.
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 08:17 AM   #3
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

Join Tread Lightly for 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmaui View Post
Hi everyone, I am going to the dealer next week to trade in my 1999 Jeep wrangler TJ for a 2014 JK. This will be the first time that I am going to a deaer alone and I don't want to look like an idiot. I know Jeeps but when the dealer sees a woman they think we are stupid. I want to make sure that I get the best deal but I'm not sure how to go about it. I do know that there is no way I am going to go blindly there and accept their offer. But how do I talk them down? Thanks for any help.
And you can get 1% under invoice if you join Tread Lightly for 3 years and you bargain down from there. You might want to consider selling you car by yourself and not trading it in. Also if you go by the local Carmax they will tell you what they will buy the car for. If there is a local Jeep Club in your area you might want to list it on their website.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #4
ackmaui

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2002ti View Post
And you can get 1% under invoice if you join Tread Lightly for 3 years and you bargain down from there. You might want to consider selling you car by yourself and not trading it in. Also if you go by the local Carmax they will tell you what they will buy the car for. If there is a local Jeep Club in your area you might want to list it on their website.
great..Thank you so much for the help!
Unread 10-26-2013, 07:02 AM   #5
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
keep in mind that by selling it yourself, you lose any tax credits you may have received if you traded it, if your state is a trade difference state.
Unread 10-26-2013, 12:11 PM   #6
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

To get an idea of prices on a JK

Check out http://www.farrishdodgejeep.net go to their inventory and select JK. It give you an idea of the discounts available. I dont recommend this dealer
but their website does show a starting point for negotiations with your dealer
Unread 10-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #7
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

????

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart View Post
keep in mind that by selling it yourself, you lose any tax credits you may have received if you traded it, if your state is a trade difference state.
She has a 1999 TJ. The vehicle is 15 yo. Did you read her post???
Unread 10-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #8
ackmaui

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2002ti
Check out http://www.farrishdodgejeep.net go to their inventory and select JK. It give you an idea of the discounts available. I dont recommend this dealer but their website does show a starting point for negotiations with your dealer
. Thank you for the link!
Unread 10-26-2013, 08:00 PM   #9
turtlerace
Best taken in small doses

1979 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Did you know that different states have different laws regarding that???
Unread 10-28-2013, 07:04 AM   #10
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
and your point?
Unread 10-30-2013, 07:10 AM   #11
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Edmunds.com

Step by step on how to deal with car dealerships.
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.