GC Limited Diesel - '07 vs '08 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > GC Limited Diesel - '07 vs '08

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 11-28-2007, 08:30 AM   #1
Zlartibartfast
2007 WK 

GC Limited Diesel - '07 vs '08

I am seriously checking out the 3.0 diesel offerings in the new Grand Cherokee. I'm surpised to see that the EPA mileage estimates on the window stickers are very different between the '07 and the '08 models. The '07 reads 20-25 mpg (for 4x2) but the '08 reads 17-22. Anyone know why? I don't see that much difference in the specs between the 2 model years, and one local dealer told me there is no difference at all.

Of course, they have 1 '07 on their lot and none of the '08's....

FWIW I'm in central Texas. Biodiesel is readily available here, and a bit cheaper than petrodiesel (with higher cetane ratings woohoo!)

Zlartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2007, 06:35 PM   #2
XJeep42
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I read a thread about this...it's not that the car gets better gas mileage, it's just that they are rating them for more "normal" gas mileage...meaning what most ppl will be getting out of them. From what I read...All car companies are doing this will all the new cars...the cars won't be getting any worse mileage
XJeep42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2007, 05:59 PM   #3
BeefyXJ93

EPA changed their standards for 08. They switched to a more realistic measuring standard. Take a look at the stickers on hybrids, they will be the hardest hit. BTW, I would definately look at getting an 08 GC instead of the 07. One thing I have learned being a service advisor (esp for Jeep) is that you NEVER buy a vehicle the first year its out...
Plans: RE 3.5 w/ 1.75 spacers, 1.50 shackles, hack n tap SYE, hack the fenders, 32 or 33" MTR's... looking for GOOD used parts if you have any.
BeefyXJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.