Found awesome XJ, need help tho... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Found awesome XJ, need help tho...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-20-2013, 08:35 AM   #1
Cowboy_Elvis
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Found awesome XJ, need help tho...

Ok, so I have always been a jeep fan, used to have nice 2001 xj, but engine seized ....anyways, I found a 95 jeep, lifted 12'' on 36x15.50 MT, has the ever famous 4.0 and 5 speed. it has 180k on it, things done
over axle steering conversion, dual stabilizers
bilstein 5150 coil over shocks
aftermarket drive shafts
geared
steel braided lines
rustys long arm lift
custom front light bar

the asking price is 6000, im sure I could maybe talk down, but is this something I should get, Id need it to last the next 4 years or so. What things should I look for to make sure it hasnt been beaten on, or abused? any help Id really appreciate it

Cowboy_Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

With that list of parts, you have to assume it has been used hard. Another nice stock Jeep is probably a better bet.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.

CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #3
robtco99
2001 XJ Cherokee 

6k is a ton of money for a 95 with 180k on it I don't care what kind of parts are on it.

If you need something to last a few years look for something stock and do some light mods to it

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.