Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Found a 2008 Rubicon, Just curious of build quality?

681 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  duntov 
#1 ·
Hey guys, so im pretty new here. But ive had a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited that my mom and i share for a couple years now. However with me moving away im looking into getting my own, and i've found one that a lady is selling locally. I know a decent amount about Jeeps but this one has a TON put into it, since you guys are the experts and would know a lot more about it than i do i figured i would ask. Im just wondering about the build quality, and what you guys would pay for a jeep with this build.

Here's a couple of the general details:

2008 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited w/ 48,000 miles. Manual, tons of aftermarket parts.

Here's a list of those upgrades:

Poison Spyder - Front Bumper
XRC8 Smittybilt 10,000 lb. Wench
Z06 Atomic Orange Matte Finish Custom Paint
(He recommended $10,000 additional paint coverage)
Chromoly - Drag lines
Adam's - Driveline
Yukon - 5 . 13 Gears
Custom Fabricated RockSliders
Poison Spyder - Quarter Guards
1 1/2" Body Lift
LED Tail light Kit
Bilstien Shocks 5108
Skid Armor Raised
Covered Steering
Custom Drop Brackets for Steering and Suspension
DVD Head Rests w/ game controls
Genrite Spare Tire Mounting system
MB Custom Wheels
5 1/2" Suspension Lift Mid Arm
(Identical to Rock Crawler Brand)
Rancho 5.5 Soft Ride Springs. Rear and Front Coils
Upper, Lower, Front & Rear Currie Johnny Joints
Extended brake lines
Genrite - Track bar
Genrite - Swaybar Links
Teraflex - Control Arm
All Joints rebuilt with Polyurethane
Fog Lights, etc.
Whew!

Any opinions or a value on what i should pay would be greatly appreciated! Her price as of now is $38K but i think i can get her down.

Thanks so much! :thumbsup:

See less See more
#2 ·
Aftermarket add-on pieces rarely add value to a Jeep. There are unknown factors here that raise flags for me; one of them being the quality of installation of the add-ons, as well as the quality of the add-ons themselves. Kellys Blue Book list the 2008 Rubicon in 'excellent' condition with 48,000 miles as being worth $23,123 to a private buyer. That should be your guideline. Sellers seem to think they can get back every penny they dump into a Jeep, and that seems to be the case here. In many instances a highly modified unit will actually be worth less than a stock one.

#3 ·
Hmmm alright, i've heard a couple people tell me that but i thought the amount of parts put into this might raise the value. I don't know if it matters but the lady had all of the parts installed at the dealership and has told me that everything is warrantied. So that makes me feel a lot better about buying an already modded jeep. I just don't know if im going to be able to get her anywhere near that number.

#5 ·
I would walk away from this deal. Too much for what it is. I would much better buy a stock Jeep and choose which mods to make.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.