Found a 2008 Rubicon, Just curious of build quality? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Found a 2008 Rubicon, Just curious of build quality?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 10-20-2013, 11:07 PM   #1
core202

Found a 2008 Rubicon, Just curious of build quality?

Hey guys, so im pretty new here. But ive had a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited that my mom and i share for a couple years now. However with me moving away im looking into getting my own, and i've found one that a lady is selling locally. I know a decent amount about Jeeps but this one has a TON put into it, since you guys are the experts and would know a lot more about it than i do i figured i would ask. Im just wondering about the build quality, and what you guys would pay for a jeep with this build.

Here's a couple of the general details:

2008 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited w/ 48,000 miles. Manual, tons of aftermarket parts.

Here's a list of those upgrades:

Poison Spyder - Front Bumper
XRC8 Smittybilt 10,000 lb. Wench
Z06 Atomic Orange Matte Finish Custom Paint
(He recommended $10,000 additional paint coverage)
Chromoly - Drag lines
Adam's - Driveline
Yukon - 5 . 13 Gears
Custom Fabricated RockSliders
Poison Spyder - Quarter Guards
1 1/2" Body Lift
LED Tail light Kit
Bilstien Shocks 5108
Skid Armor Raised
Covered Steering
Custom Drop Brackets for Steering and Suspension
DVD Head Rests w/ game controls
Genrite Spare Tire Mounting system
MB Custom Wheels
5 1/2" Suspension Lift Mid Arm
(Identical to Rock Crawler Brand)
Rancho 5.5 Soft Ride Springs. Rear and Front Coils
Upper, Lower, Front & Rear Currie Johnny Joints
Extended brake lines
Genrite - Track bar
Genrite - Swaybar Links
Teraflex - Control Arm
All Joints rebuilt with Polyurethane
Fog Lights, etc.
Whew!

Any opinions or a value on what i should pay would be greatly appreciated! Her price as of now is $38K but i think i can get her down.

Thanks so much!

core202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 07:18 AM   #2
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Aftermarket add-on pieces rarely add value to a Jeep. There are unknown factors here that raise flags for me; one of them being the quality of installation of the add-ons, as well as the quality of the add-ons themselves. Kellys Blue Book list the 2008 Rubicon in 'excellent' condition with 48,000 miles as being worth $23,123 to a private buyer. That should be your guideline. Sellers seem to think they can get back every penny they dump into a Jeep, and that seems to be the case here. In many instances a highly modified unit will actually be worth less than a stock one.
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
core202

Hmmm alright, i've heard a couple people tell me that but i thought the amount of parts put into this might raise the value. I don't know if it matters but the lady had all of the parts installed at the dealership and has told me that everything is warrantied. So that makes me feel a lot better about buying an already modded jeep. I just don't know if im going to be able to get her anywhere near that number.
core202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #4
Adam013085

If she will take significantly less than $38k.... like mid 20s max you should consider it. Keep in mind for $38k you can get a brand new rubi with the 3.6 engine and 0 miles.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 03:19 AM   #5
duntov
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I would walk away from this deal. Too much for what it is. I would much better buy a stock Jeep and choose which mods to make.
1998 Jeep Cherokee Classic, Chili Pepper Red, 4.0, 4WD, 3" OME Full Leaf, JKS QD, JL Sub, Sony CD w/Ipod adapter, Polk Audio Speakers, Uniden CB Radio. JCR Front Prerunner bumper, JCR Stage 3 Sliders, Reese hitch, Yakima Rack, Mopar spare tire rack.

2013 Jeep Unlimited, Gecko. Bone Stock.
duntov is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.