First Jeep for a first time buyer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > First Jeep for a first time buyer

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
Monkeybomber
2013 JK Wrangler 

First Jeep for a first time buyer

Hey folks-

Just joined because I wanted to look for some advice. I recently decided to buy a jeep because I seriously wanted a convertible which I could use to tow a boat. The boat is small (2000lbs, trailer included), so I feel as though the jeep should be able to handle it. My question is, what sort of price do you think I should be able to get in New Jersey on a 2013 unlimited sport S model? Pretty much the only option I plan on getting is the 3.73. Would shooting for $28000 total paid for the car be totally unrealistic? thanks in advance!

Monkeybomber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #2
--chris--
2001 TJ Wrangler 

There should be a flood of good deals on used JK's near your area....

Sorry, i had too
--chris-- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2012, 05:55 PM   #3
mikeg576
1945 CJ2A 

A 24S Jk or auto power window jeep retails for 30-31,000 mark up is approx 1000-1500. Subtract 1100 for manual trans, or 23S package. Tread lightly is 1% below invoice.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
mikeg576 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #4
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

That's not an unrealistic goal.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2012, 09:07 AM   #5
Monkeybomber
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for input all. Another question I have is in regards to the hard top- is it possible to get an aftermarket hard top? And if so, is it more expensive than what I can purchase from jeep? I'm wondering if I should just bite the bullet now and purchase it with the car, even though it drives up the price a decent chunk of change.
Monkeybomber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #6
mikeg576
1945 CJ2A 

Just get it with the jeep. Nothing aftermarket is worth it. I've seen them all and if you really feel you need a hard to get factory. I personally think they are pointless. They all leak weather it's a hard or soft top. You need to store the hard in some place dry and clean. The only plus about a hard top is securely. It's not warmer or quitter. I've owned 3 Jk unlimiteds and never had or wanted the hard top. All my other jeeps, CJ's YJ's & TJ's had hard tops. I think it's a waste of money but that's just me. I mounted a 50 cal browning and a SAW M249 to my jeep... Some would say that's a waste of money. Lol.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
mikeg576 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.