First Jeep 1995 Wrangler 200k miles - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > First Jeep 1995 Wrangler 200k miles

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-12-2014, 10:35 PM   #1
ItzDEMO
1995 YJ Wrangler 

First Jeep 1995 Wrangler 200k miles

On craigslist in my area I found a 1995 Wrangler with 197k miles on the odometer. It's got a 4 inch lift, 31 inch tires, aftermarket exhaust, both a hard and soft top, and a rhino lined interior. The owner claims that the engine and transmission were rebuilt before he bought it at 145k, but he has no proof. He also said he replaced the clutch when he bought it. I'm not too big on working with cars, so I don't know how to verify of anything he says is true. The lowest hell go is $4400. If it's mechanically fine to drive, I'd buy it in a heart beat. Any advice? Thanks

Edit: the jeep also has rot on one of the fenders and the tailgate. Not sure how much that would cost to be fixed.

ItzDEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2014, 02:03 PM   #2
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I've said it a hundred times: Do NOT buy a lifted and modified jeep. First you don't know the expertise of who did the lift and what qualifications they may or may not have. Second, you do not know the quality of the hardware used. Get yourself a bone stock unit and don't look back. I wouldn't touch it unless I was a lift expert.

The rhino lined interior is also a flag, especially if it has tailgate and fender rot. Rhino liner has been used to cover up rot all over the northeast. The price is OK, but the mileage is high.

For pricing look into Edmunds, NADA and/or Kelleys Blue book for local values.

Keep looking.
Unread 04-13-2014, 02:31 PM   #3
ItzDEMO
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the input. I'll keep looking!
ItzDEMO is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.