Fair price to pay for used tires... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Fair price to pay for used tires...

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 02-05-2014, 02:43 PM   #1
nine0bison83

Fair price to pay for used tires...

Got someone who wants to sell their BF Goodrich KM2 35 inch tires (35X12.50X17). The seller acquired some new tires and the old ones currently have approximately 8000 miles on them. What would be a fair price for 5?

nine0bison83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 03:18 PM   #2
Adam013085

I wouldn't pay more than half for used tires even if there is only 8k miles on them. Other may chime in and override me but that would be my MAX I would pay personally.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 03:41 PM   #3
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

i have purchased a set used 31" tires off CraigsList. There are cost in mounting/balance and then you will not have any warranty.

But for me it still made good sense at the price I got. It really depends on what you want to pay and how bad you want them, just like anything else you buy.
Unread 02-05-2014, 08:22 PM   #4
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

If they have even wear, and are in decent shape (not weather checked), I think half the price of new is fair, and probably my max.

At 8K miles of wear, they are still about 75% give or take, so discount 25% at least over the use value. Remember, you are saving tax too vs new (if you have local taxes) but mounting/balancing will be added on.

And FWIW, I have the KM2's; consider having them siped before you install them. It really helps on snow/ice/wet roads, and smooths them out as well

HTH!

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2014, 07:32 AM   #5
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Can your jeep use 35" tires? Your profile doesn't say what you have, but 35" tires require a pretty high lift job.
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2014, 04:56 PM   #6
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDNewman View Post
Can your jeep use 35" tires? Your profile doesn't say what you have, but 35" tires require a pretty high lift job.
Also going to need new 17" wheels to run those tires.
Unread 02-09-2014, 01:34 PM   #7
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jhanna View Post
Also going to need new 17" wheels to run those tires.
Yeah, that too!
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.