Does this Jeep sound too good to be true? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Does this Jeep sound too good to be true?

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 06-27-2012, 07:12 AM   #1
LifesABeach

Does this Jeep sound too good to be true?

1989 4x4 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 69k miles, A/C, automatic transmission, Mopar Fuel Injected 4.2L 6-Cylinder engine, passed emission test recently, never wrecked, not rusty, original body, paint and interior. $2000 through Yahoo Autos. Plus, the seller will pay to ship the Jeep to me for a 10 day test drive and pay to ship the Jeep back if I decide not to buy. Pictures look good. No visible rust, clean, etc.

I tried to find the value on KBB, but it only goes back 20 years. A 1992 Jeep with 70k miles in good condition values for nearly three times what this seller is asking.

So I'm probably asking a stupid question because the answer seems too obvious, but does this sound too good to be true?

LifesABeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 07:50 AM   #2
NewYJOwner
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Don't even contact them...SCAM!!! It would cost close to 2 grand just to ship it back and forth for the test drive. If you did contact them they would want a large cash deposit to hold it for you ...... then say bye bye to that money!!! and the vehicle, if it even exists!!!!
NewYJOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 08:00 AM   #3
LifesABeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYJOwner View Post
Don't even contact them...SCAM!!! It would cost close to 2 grand just to ship it back and forth for the test drive. If you did contact them they would want a large cash deposit to hold it for you ...... then say bye bye to that money!!! and the vehicle, if it even exists!!!!
That was my first thought, but I was hoping it was just my pessimistic nature was coming into play.

The seller claims to have a gift coupon from Dependable Auto Shippers that will cover shipping both ways. They also say that payment would go to Yahoo Autos to be held in trust until I confirmed the purchase after test driving and inspecting the vehicle, and then Yahoo Auto would release the funds to the seller.
Unread 06-27-2012, 08:12 AM   #4
NewYJOwner
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I wouldn't send a dime. They will give you a routing and accoiunt number to send the money. which will be a temporary account set up by them. Once they have your money, they will close the account and BYE BYE Money!!!!

If you really want to check it out. call them and ask for an address so you can show up in person to test drive it (you can tell them you live 50 miles away or whatever) . Bet they wont respond or they will give you excuse after excuse of why you can't come see it in person. Or it will be in another state from where they are.
NewYJOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #5
LifesABeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYJOwner View Post
I wouldn't send a dime. They will give you a routing and accoiunt number to send the money. which will be a temporary account set up by them. Once they have your money, they will close the account and BYE BYE Money!!!!

If you really want to check it out. call them and ask for an address so you can show up in person to test drive it (you can tell them you live 50 miles away or whatever) . Bet they wont respond or they will give you excuse after excuse of why you can't come see it in person. Or it will be in another state from where they are.
Agreed. Thanks for the wake up call. Just shows me to trust my instinct!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.