Do I make the switch from Ranger to '99 Cherokee? 14 pics, come check them out! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Do I make the switch from Ranger to '99 Cherokee? 14 pics, come check them out!

Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Rugged Ridge Bumpers, Winches, Performance from CCOR!JK Front Axle Truss

Unread 12-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #1
Freelander
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Do I make the switch from Ranger to '99 Cherokee? 14 pics, come check them out!

(I tried to delete this thread, as I have posted it in another section. I could not figure out how to delete the thread, so two identical threads will have to remain.)

Hey guys! Long time forum junkie here, and a member of RangerPowerSports.com since 2004. All I've ever owned is Rangers; I love them.

However, I'm growing tired of the Ranger scene. I'm 27, my wife and I have a baby on the way, and I need for something bigger. Something different.

My dad bought this Jeep today with intentions to sell it. But I saw it and fell IN LOVE with it. He told me if I sold my '98 4x4 Ranger and gave him back what he paid for it ($3800), then I could have it. I can't believe I'm stepping out of the Ranger world, but I think I actually want to do it. But I need the opinions of experts. That's where you all come in.

This vehicle was owned by a state department. It is ridiculously clean inside and out. The interior is flawless; the seats look like they've never been sat in. Everything (air, radio, 4x4, etc.) all work well. All maintenance and care has been documented well.

Enough talking. Have a look and tell me if you think it's worth it. (Phone pics...sorry. Didn't have my camera on me.)

1999 Jeep Cherokee. 4.0 Inline 6 (I think?) 4x4. 151,000 miles. (25,000 miles on the engine)

Original owner's manual:

There's probably 10 pages here. This is every time the Jeep has stopped to get gas:

A page of recent maintenance:

ANY feedback at all would be great. Any opinions? Thanks all!

Last edited by Freelander; 12-03-2013 at 09:44 AM..
Freelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #2
Adam013085

Looks really clean. I would question why the 4.0 needed rebuilt at 125k. These engines are known for going twice that and more without any issues. $3800 is a pretty decent price for a clean cherokee without rust.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #3
Freelander
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam013085 View Post
Looks really clean. I would question why the 4.0 needed rebuilt at 125k. These engines are known for going twice that and more without any issues. $3800 is a pretty decent price for a clean cherokee without rust.
I will look into that. Thank you for the reply!
Freelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
JeepN77

Nice looking XJ. I have 3 99s and love them. Best stock axles and a better intake manifold. 99 is one of the best years I think. Good luck if you get it.
JeepN77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.