Do I make the switch from Ranger to '99 Cherokee? 14 pics, come check them out! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Do I make the switch from Ranger to '99 Cherokee? 14 pics, come check them out!

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Ki

Unread 12-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #1
Freelander
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Do I make the switch from Ranger to '99 Cherokee? 14 pics, come check them out!

(I tried to delete this thread, as I have posted it in another section. I could not figure out how to delete the thread, so two identical threads will have to remain.)

Hey guys! Long time forum junkie here, and a member of RangerPowerSports.com since 2004. All I've ever owned is Rangers; I love them.

However, I'm growing tired of the Ranger scene. I'm 27, my wife and I have a baby on the way, and I need for something bigger. Something different.

My dad bought this Jeep today with intentions to sell it. But I saw it and fell IN LOVE with it. He told me if I sold my '98 4x4 Ranger and gave him back what he paid for it ($3800), then I could have it. I can't believe I'm stepping out of the Ranger world, but I think I actually want to do it. But I need the opinions of experts. That's where you all come in.

This vehicle was owned by a state department. It is ridiculously clean inside and out. The interior is flawless; the seats look like they've never been sat in. Everything (air, radio, 4x4, etc.) all work well. All maintenance and care has been documented well.

Enough talking. Have a look and tell me if you think it's worth it. (Phone pics...sorry. Didn't have my camera on me.)

1999 Jeep Cherokee. 4.0 Inline 6 (I think?) 4x4. 151,000 miles. (25,000 miles on the engine)

Original owner's manual:

There's probably 10 pages here. This is every time the Jeep has stopped to get gas:

A page of recent maintenance:

ANY feedback at all would be great. Any opinions? Thanks all!

Last edited by Freelander; 12-03-2013 at 09:44 AM..
Freelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #2
Adam013085

Looks really clean. I would question why the 4.0 needed rebuilt at 125k. These engines are known for going twice that and more without any issues. $3800 is a pretty decent price for a clean cherokee without rust.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #3
Freelander
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam013085 View Post
Looks really clean. I would question why the 4.0 needed rebuilt at 125k. These engines are known for going twice that and more without any issues. $3800 is a pretty decent price for a clean cherokee without rust.
I will look into that. Thank you for the reply!
Freelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
JeepN77

Nice looking XJ. I have 3 99s and love them. Best stock axles and a better intake manifold. 99 is one of the best years I think. Good luck if you get it.
JeepN77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.