Discount an 2013 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Discount an 2013

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 03-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Discount an 2013

What are they coming off?

I priced an unlimited sport with a sticker of 32500, they said 31000 was as low as they can go, I'm supposed to get 1% below invoice through work, and that is the price the dealer came back with.

Anybody get more than 1500? This is ridiculous

Want to STOP?

Edited
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 05:05 PM   #2
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I want those highlines if you trade up!

I got them down about 2k when I looked at a 2 door rubi in nov/dec.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #3
Crazysteve_21

That price is probably close lumpster. The sports do not have a huge amount between sticker and invoice. I can check one out tomorrow and get back with you if you would like
Crazysteve_21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #4
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster
What are they coming off?

I priced an unlimited sport with a sticker of 32500, they said 31000 was as low as they can go, I'm supposed to get 1% below invoice through work, and that is the price the dealer came back with.

Anybody get more than 1500? This is ridiculous
That is correct. The days of thousands off are gone. In the next few years you won't see hardly any markup. They are going to do packages that combine a bunch options, so the MSRP will be lower. So it will look like the price of a '15 will be the same price as a '12.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 03-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #5
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Dealer in excelsior springs came down another 400 bucks...

Want to STOP?

Edited
Unread 03-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #6
Dave2002ti
Web Wheeler
2012 WK 

Maybe on JKs

But folks are getting 4% or better under the invoice price on GCs both 2013 or 2014. I would prefer the old Saturn and EU model where you pay MSRP. That way you know you couldnt have gotten a better deal down the road.
Waste less time playing games.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #7
Crazysteve_21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster
Dealer in excelsior springs came down another 400 bucks...
Looks like they went into holdback 400 bucks. I think that's crazy personally with as hot as wranglers are but I can't say they are not trying to earn your business. If they feel like they can do it and be ok then take advantage of it.
Crazysteve_21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2013, 11:18 PM   #8
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Looks like the crush orange is getting sold fast, everyday there are fewer and farther between, im going to have to jump on one or miss out!

Want to STOP?

Edited
Unread 03-22-2013, 07:00 AM   #9
dav5942

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Just got 1% under invoice(with no dealer fees of any kind) or an unlimited ordered, waiting for a certificate for an additional $500 making it close to 3% under. Also waiting on dealer to see if Tread Lightly will help anymore.
Unread 03-22-2013, 08:24 AM   #10
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2002ti View Post
But folks are getting 4% or better under the invoice price on GCs both 2013 or 2014. I would prefer the old Saturn and EU model where you pay MSRP. That way you know you couldnt have gotten a better deal down the road.
Waste less time playing games.
so then walk in and pay MSRP and don't pit dealers against each other on pricing
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2013, 08:36 AM   #11
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart View Post
so then walk in and pay MSRP and don't pit dealers against each other on pricing
As long as the dealer down the road is willing to undercut another on price, this will always happen.

Stop blaming the customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #12
Dave2002ti
Web Wheeler
2012 WK 

How Does a Moron Like You

Quote:
Make any money selling cars? Dealers set up the game punk. If all the dealers agreed to sell at MSRP than the customer wouldnt have to play the game. But some dealers are shysters and stealers and employ folks like you with no ethics. So yeah I am going to pit dealer and against dealerr and have my own financing because delaers rigged the game. I dont mind folks making a living and I go with the company that provides the best service and quality but not the lowest price but with an industry that believes its customers are stupid and fools. I didnt nickle and dime the dealer I purchased my GC from but the lying scum sucking sales manager at Dulles wanted to play games.
He lost and I know I cost him several sales since May 2012 and I do my best to cost himseveral more. I have friends who work for the IRS. Hummm audit keeps coming to mind boy!
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2013, 09:20 AM   #13
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2002ti

Make any money selling cars? Dealers set up the game punk.
I make lots of money. But I'm not afraid to give one away either.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 03-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #14
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
As long as the dealer down the road is willing to undercut another on price, this will always happen.

Stop blaming the customer.
but my point is that people complain that they go to fifteen dealers to get a price, they wish they could just go in and pay the price they see. they can, it's on the windo sticker when you sit on the side of the desk that i do (R U STUCK will attest to this) you'll see that it is the consumer that has created this problem in the industry, not the dealer.
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #15
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
but my point is that people complain that they go to fifteen dealers to get a price, they wish they could just go in and pay the price they see. they can, it's on the windo sticker when you sit on the side of the desk that i do (R U STUCK will attest to this) you'll see that it is the consumer that has created this problem in the industry, not the dealer.
If all dealers had the same model as the old "Saturn" no-haggle model mentioned above, then it would be a non-issue. (Though I wonder how strictly that was adhered to in reality.) Each of the 15 dealers would have an identical price for an identical unit, making price shopping irrelevant.

Then consumers could focus on other aspects, like the sales person's attitude for instance.

Customers don't like the dickering process because most of them are out-gunned by a well-trained sales staff, who are well versed in sales tools and tricks. Most people feel bad about trying to "take" money from a dealer in the form of a lower price, even on the second largest purchase most people make. This is where the want for a fixed price comes from; people don't want to pay more money just for the hell of it.

As a consumer, I can ask for anything I want. I tried to barter a diamond ring from a jeweler with chickens and goats last Sunday. (No, I really did.) That didn't fly, but I did learn that they are a bit flexible on the price. If they said, "sorry, this is the MSRP, pay it or walk," I would have known that too.

It's widely known that you can "go down the street" and often work a better deal. The customer didn't create that; the dealer that's willing to undercut another did. How is that the customer's fault?

(Sorry for the mini-derail Lumpster, but this is somewhat relevant to the original topic.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.