Difference between X C package and X S package - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Difference between X C package and X S package

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 10-15-2009, 10:01 AM   #1
WannaJeep_

Difference between X C package and X S package

Are their really any MAJOR differences between the C package and the S package. Looks to me like the S package just has fluff "convenience" options. The biggest difference I can see is the 16" steel vs. the 17" alloy, but could I just add the 17" alloy as an option by itself or go aftermarket 17" from TireRack and have it be cheaper that way?

The price difference between the two is like $2500.

WannaJeep_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2009, 11:06 AM   #2
BRICKTOP2
Unhingd PigFeedng Gangstr

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaJeep_ View Post
Are their really any MAJOR differences between the C package and the S package. Looks to me like the S package just has fluff "convenience" options. The biggest difference I can see is the 16" steel vs. the 17" alloy, but could I just add the 17" alloy as an option by itself or go aftermarket 17" from TireRack and have it be cheaper that way?

The price difference between the two is like $2500.
17X7.5 Aluminum Wheels 0 0
Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel 0 0
P255/75R17 OWL On/Off Road Tires 0 0
Power Convenience Group 0 0
Power Locks 0 0
Pwr Windows, Front 1-Touch Down 0 0
Remote Keyless Entry 0 0
Security Alarm 0 0
Speed Control 0 0

The main differences are power windows, locks, and cruise control.

JK Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/3...-build-545214/
TJ Tub Trailerhttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f104/...tj-tub-568873/
BRICKTOP2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2009, 01:42 PM   #3
WannaJeep_

Thanks for making sense of all that for me!

About the wheels - does it make sense to eventually get new wheels & tires aftermarket?
Unread 10-16-2009, 12:54 AM   #4
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Depends on what you plan on doing with it, to justify new wheels. So to answer your question you need to be more specific with what you plan on doing with your jeep. If it is a DD I would say no, if you are planning on off road use, I would say yes, alloys if you can afford them but even 17" steel wheels will give many more tire options in C load range.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2009, 07:12 AM   #5
WannaJeep_

Thank you. Yes, I plan on it being a DD mostly, with a couple weekends a month on beginner trails to start. I didn't even think about tire options. I bet 16s are pretty limited.

I *say* that I will use it for DD, but I know myself. When I go trailing, I'm sure I will love it.

Maybe I'll just wait until they do an incentive on the 2010s. I wonder when that will be....

Is it possible to order the C package and just upgrade the wheels themselves and not get the other stuff?

I worry about no cruise control though, too.....hmmmmm.....
Unread 10-17-2009, 05:21 PM   #6
strat_53711
2009 JK Wrangler 

Do you mean the B package vs S package?

The B package does not include air conditioning, fog lamps, front/rear tow hooks either.

The B package, you can not order half doors and limited slip rear diff.

This is what a dealer told me.
strat_53711 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2009, 02:53 PM   #7
WannaJeep_

I didn't even know there was a B package. I know there's a C package and an S package for sure.
Unread 10-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #8
WannaJeep_

AHA! I learned the B package is for Wrangler, and they call is C package for Unlimited.....
Unread 10-28-2009, 11:44 PM   #9
strat_53711
2009 JK Wrangler 

Now I feel stupid!!!

Seeing that I've always looked at the two door wrangler. Funny how the offer the half doors on any of the 4 door models.
strat_53711 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2009, 03:35 AM   #10
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaJeep_ View Post
Thank you. Yes, I plan on it being a DD mostly, with a couple weekends a month on beginner trails to start. I didn't even think about tire options. I bet 16s are pretty limited.

I *say* that I will use it for DD, but I know myself. When I go trailing, I'm sure I will love it.

Maybe I'll just wait until they do an incentive on the 2010s. I wonder when that will be....

Is it possible to order the C package and just upgrade the wheels themselves and not get the other stuff?

I worry about no cruise control though, too.....hmmmmm.....
Yes you can but after market wheels they are every where. Some of the cheapest will be Crager Steel Wheels, as for alloys about 4x the price per wheel, Mickey Thompson makes some nice ones. As for 16" tires it's not that there are a lack of options, but most are "E" load range which ride like crap because they are 10ply tires like for large 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. 15s and 17s have the most options in a nice ply "C" load range tire.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.