Did I do good? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Did I do good?

Happy Thursday! From Morris 4X4 CenterHalloween Savings to die for!THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 08-15-2013, 02:47 AM   #16
trailboss
2002 TJ Wrangler 

"Did I get a good deal? How much do you think it's worth with the given information?" LOL! The time to ask this question is BEFORE you plonk down your hard earned money bro! Don't know what kind of rear is in there? Wow! I hope it works out for you! Looks like a death trap!

An educated, armed populace cannot be enslaved.
trailboss is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2013, 05:51 AM   #17
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Nope.

Not with that kind of lift on those size tires with a 2.5. Unless you are going to tear it down to basics and start all over its not worth much of anything.

Last edited by WDNewman; 08-15-2013 at 05:51 AM.. Reason: mis-spelling
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #18
Boooth
1985 CJ7 

you may think the 4cyl does good with little crawling around in the mountains but those 37s are putting so much stress on that engine to just turn those tires and don't eve get me started on how much stress that lift is putting on everything. I never understood why people would build up the four cylinders. you're done before you've started with the engine alone.
Boooth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #19
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

It's a ok deal all and all. There are issues with the current setup. With 37's it had to be regeared or it wouldn't even get up to 40. Might be different axles then the stock or you would blow the D35 apart. Anticanman is not just busting your chops on the steering. That could dangerous. The 37's are too big fro casual driving. 33's would be more then big enough for what you are saying you are going to use it for. The 2.5L is a good motor for trail and freeway driving. If you were rock crawling or mudding it is a different story. Too bad the girl wasn't included! Post up to the YJ tech forum and you will get more responses on dealing with your new toy. Welcome to the square headlight crowd!
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2013, 10:18 PM   #20
Gatzby
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
It's a ok deal all and all. There are issues with the current setup. With 37's it had to be regeared or it wouldn't even get up to 40. Might be different axles then the stock or you would blow the D35 apart. Anticanman is not just busting your chops on the steering. That could dangerous. The 37's are too big fro casual driving. 33's would be more then big enough for what you are saying you are going to use it for. The 2.5L is a good motor for trail and freeway driving. If you were rock crawling or mudding it is a different story. Too bad the girl wasn't included! Post up to the YJ tech forum and you will get more responses on dealing with your new toy. Welcome to the square headlight crowd!
I appreciate the kind word unlike others. I understand it has a small engine compared to the upgrades, but it's going to be my 10 mile a day driver...I don't expect it to be a beast. Yeah eventually I'll invest in a 4.0 or maybe even a 360. Whichevers cheaper and easier to get. But right now it's my dd and toy to go drive through the forest with so the issues besides the steering are no big deal to me. And an engine with 5k on it? I don't care if it's a 1liter that's a good deal. I'll post pictures when I get a chance to.

Thanks again to most for the words of wisdom
Gatzby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.