CJ7 to CJ5 conversion? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > CJ7 to CJ5 conversion?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo

Unread 09-27-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
NN11325
1985 CJ7 

CJ7 to CJ5 conversion?

I am new to this forum and the Jeep world. Looking to buy my first Jeep (after having procrastinated for a decade). Just looking for a weekend toy, not an everyday car, and I have looked at a few restored CJ5 and CJ7. Here's my question to you experts in this forum: I came across this very clean CJ5. Test drove it, current owner has owned it since it was restored (off frame) a decade ago. Clean title, etc. However, when I pulled the title search, the vehicle comes up as a CJ7 from both sources I used. The current owner's title also says CJ7, but this clearly looks like a CJ5. CJ5 doors, no space behind back seat, etc. Is it possibly that the person who restored it converted it from a CJ7 to a CJ5? If so, would that change value of vehicle in any way?

Any thoughts much appreciated. Thanks!

NN11325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 08:16 PM   #2
brownbagg
1930 MK Compass 

no, its a fake title, good possibility its stolen, even if its not the state dmv going consider its stolen, so run, as fast as you can, away from it
brownbagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #3
trailboss
2002 TJ Wrangler 

The 2 vehicles are too dissimilar and you can't really convert one to the other...the 5 is much smaller. Sounds like something shady going on with that title...I'd avoid it like the plague....

An educated, armed populace cannot be enslaved.
trailboss is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.