Choosing between 2 WJs - Can't decide! Need help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Choosing between 2 WJs - Can't decide! Need help!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-16-2014, 02:46 PM   #1
Zappaz
1999 WJ 

Choosing between 2 WJs - Can't decide! Need help!

Looking to get my first Jeep. My budget is $4000 so I'm looking into WJs. This vehicle will be my DD on the days I'm not riding my motorcycle but also will be used for some wheeling at Uwharrie National Forest and various other trails/mud pits around me. Whatever I choose will end up getting at least a 4" lift and a set of MTs.

I've found 2 trucks on Craigslist that I'm having difficulty deciding between and could use some other opinions.

Jeep A

2000 Grand Cherokee Limited - Loaded with sunroof, leather, aftermarket 18" wheels. Has V8 (165k miles) and Quadradrive, also has the Mopar molded brush guard and running boards. Very clean inside and out though needs a new drivers door panel as the one in it is torn. Its a nice looking Jeep with all the "creature comforts", almost too nice to take off roading though. He said the lowest he'd go is $3000.

Jeep B

1999 Grand Cherokee Laredo - Has the V8 (145k miles) and Quadratrac 2. Has 4" Rough Country lift and 32" mud tires with only 3000 miles on them. Has Flowmaster exhaust and "custom air intake". I haven't seen this one in person yet but will be looking at it tomorrow evening. Lowest he'd go is $3800.

Right now I'm leaning towards Jeep B as it is only $800 more, but already has a lot of the things I planned to do installed. This is also assuming it is in as good of condition as he claims which I won't know until tomorrow. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Zappaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.