Choices.... Waaaay too many... Help please! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Choices.... Waaaay too many... Help please!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 09-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
Klay23
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Choices.... Waaaay too many... Help please!

Newbie of course. Read everything I could search and find but just so much info and my lack of mechanical knowledge makes picking a particular model of jeep, year, etc... Impossible! Please point me in the right direction!,....

Looking for these things:

Year: doesn't matter, like the cj7 look, and I'm 6ft tall and someone here said something about the cj5 being limited room wise
Price: 3000, ish, will just be a toy basically
engine: ... I just don't want to go up a hill and worry about not making it, I don't care about gas mileage, I do care about it working and being relatively maintenance free.... I mean that as in difficult or a lot of wrench work required

Anything else I should be concerned with or think about? Any ideas ? I love the lifted look with 33's also... Looking for just a particular year, range, engine, etc I should look for to meet the above stated things I mentioned, please help...

Klay23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
brownbagg
1930 MK Compass 

all jeeps are basically the same, some got better axles, better motor but basically the same, just buy the first one that looks pretty to you
brownbagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #3
Klay23
1990 YJ Wrangler 

That's what I'm asking... What's more dependable...?

Or is there a more dependable setup vs whatever? Help a newbie out...
Klay23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #4
Duck Doctor
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I would suggest saving another $3k and purchasing a TJ. I've owned CJs, YJs, and TJs. The fuel injected 6 cylinder coupled with coil springs is tough to beat.
Duck Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
VietVet67
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Doctor View Post
I would suggest saving another $3k and purchasing a TJ. I've owned CJs, YJs, and TJs. The fuel injected 6 cylinder coupled with coil springs is tough to beat.
X2^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Silver Jeep club member #76 Semper -Fi my brothers
VietVet67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 09:29 PM   #6
brtnse7en
1990 YJ Wrangler 

i own a 90 yj. got it for 3k. there is nothing wrong with is except a little over heating in socal traffic. shackle lift and still keep up on some trails. never had anything break...but i do wish i would have just spent a little more for a tj....

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.