buying a ZJ tomorrow - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > buying a ZJ tomorrow

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right hereJK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.

Unread 11-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
EvilVOG
1998 ZJ 

buying a ZJ tomorrow

Buying a 98 Grand Cherokee Limited tomorrow. V8, quadra-drive, 110k, leather, K&N intake, crazy clean, supposedly it was an Arizona car and spent much of it's time being towed behind an RV. Was the cheapest and nicest of all the trucks i was looking at (4x4 Jeeps and Durangos).

Planning on using it as a winter beater so I can park my Challenger in the garage for the winter, and if it survives maybe hitting trails with it in spring/summer. I will be driving it 40 miles to work and another 40 back, pretty much all highway.

Just checking in here to see if there's anything i should watch out for or service when I get it.

Since this is my introductory post, a little about me: I live in Brownstown, Michigan and build Jeep Wranglers for a living

EvilVOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #2
indeepwithajeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Of course check for any gasket leaks. I'd also check the transmission oil level and smell it to make sure nothing foul is going on. As for servicing, you'll have to wait for someone else to chime in. Good luck!
indeepwithajeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.