Buying a Wrangler... I hope - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Buying a Wrangler... I hope

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 03-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #16
OneLoud
2004 TJ Wrangler 

When do you turn 18? Save untill then and then you will have a nice downpayment and you can finance the rest and get a much newer one. You may still have a hard time getting financed though without a cosigner having 0 credit history to your name, but the large downpayment can only help, and you have to build credit somehow anyway.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/pay-forward-1091342/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/pay-forward-1091342/[/URL]
^Check this thread out!!!^

"What is this? It's my car, it's a Prius. It literally feels like I'm riding around in a vigina right now!"
OneLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 04:13 PM   #17
jdawg102
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I turn 18 next October.
jdawg102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2010, 10:14 AM   #18
banditt
1986 CJ7 

Im in the same dilema ur in. Im 16 and have a 89 yj 4 cly and want to sell it and get a 4.0 6cly. I have about the same price range as you do, 4-6k. Ive done some researching and shopping and found that you can find a clean, low mileage, lifted yj priced less than a stock tj, most of the time. but like some of the other ppl said, there are deals out there, so search around(craigslist). ive found that tjs are just a more modern jeep and i think thats y ppl like them so much. but if ur interested in a yj, search for a 91 and up model, bc 87-90 6cly were carbuerated. Another thing to consider when looking at prices is to see if the jeep comes with a top and doors. good luck
banditt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2010, 12:36 PM   #19
jdawg102
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Well found another jeep 1997 4.0l it has full doors and a hard top its also and automatic (really want a 5spd). It has 136,000 miles and its $5,000. I went to see it and it was very clean only problem I found was that the driver seat was torn. Is it worth it?

Heres the pic: http://scranton.craigslist.org/ctd/1636591351.html
jdawg102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2010, 12:39 PM   #20
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I'd buy a last year yj (95) for I believe it was honestly the most reliable year (for all jeeps in general) But thats just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2010, 02:04 PM   #21
kenmel
1998 TJ Wrangler 

take it to an off road shop and have an inspection done . there are 97-2000 tjs around here running from 5-9000 depending on mileage all day long
kenmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build , built , buying , lift , lifted

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.