Buying my first Wrangler... need some advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Buying my first Wrangler... need some advice

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 05-29-2010, 12:14 AM   #1
mikeknollmeyer
2010 JK Wrangler 

Buying my first Wrangler... need some advice

I'm looking at buying a new 2010 Wrangler and I plan to use it for weekend offroading as well as my daily driving car. I have been debating whether or not the Rubicon was worth it for me. I'm not sure if I'll be tackling trails that are difficult to need the Rubicon, but I would hate to get out there and regret not having what I need.

I was about to settle for the Sport S model when I saw a local dealer offering a stock Rubicon (6 speed, no options) for a little under 26K (3500 off MSRP). Thats about 3K more than the sport version I was going to get and the best price I've seen so far... is that too good of a deal to pass up?

Also the only thing that this Rubi doesn't have that I want is the tow package. Is this something the dealer can easily add to a car they already have or will it cost more than if it was ordered from the factory that way?

Thx

mikeknollmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2010, 07:36 PM   #2
plac
2012 JK Wrangler 

$3500 off MSRP isnt terrible, but i think anyone can do $1000 better if they are patient. It is better to have everything you want in a Jeep at the time you buy it. I guess they wouldnt need to do gears since it should already have 4.10's as a Rubicon. Running the towing wiring harness and such could be the big hassle.
Unread 05-31-2010, 11:16 PM   #3
mikeknollmeyer
2010 JK Wrangler 

Price didn't end up being everything advertised (financing required to get rebate would have cost more than the rebate was worth) and I ended up deciding I wanted to go with an automatic instead. Got a deep water blue Rubi, with the tow package and a soft top for 28600 which is 500 below invoice. Probably not "great" deal, but its a decent one and the incentive offers here in Phoenix are few and far between since they are so popular.
Unread 06-01-2010, 06:49 AM   #4
plac
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeknollmeyer View Post
Price didn't end up being everything advertised (financing required to get rebate would have cost more than the rebate was worth) and I ended up deciding I wanted to go with an automatic instead. Got a deep water blue Rubi, with the tow package and a soft top for 28600 which is 500 below invoice. Probably not "great" deal, but its a decent one and the incentive offers here in Phoenix are few and far between since they are so popular.
dood, $28,600 for a Rubi is an insane price. Must not have had many options? All the Rubis at my dealer yesterday were in the range of $34k-$36k, and they wouldnt have gone below $30,000. I guess the hard top really ups the cost..
Unread 06-01-2010, 06:51 AM   #5
purplepig
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Add the tow package at U-Haul. What are you planning to tow?
purplepig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2010, 10:51 AM   #6
rjm2786
2010 JK Wrangler 

Was it a 2 door or 4 door?
rjm2786 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2010, 06:39 PM   #7
mikeknollmeyer
2010 JK Wrangler 

It was a:

2 door
Soft Top
Automatic
Tow Package
Deep Tinted Rear Windows
Deep Water Blue Pearl

Paid: 28689
Unread 06-01-2010, 08:35 PM   #8
brownbagg
1930 MK Compass 

since this is your first jeep, you need to buy one about four years old, and save 15k. They is a big drop the first couple years so why play with other people money. I know you want that new smell, but 15 k but a lot of smell. and stay away from leases.
brownbagg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2010, 04:40 PM   #9
brownbagg
1930 MK Compass 

whats with all the spam
brownbagg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2010, 06:49 PM   #10
rjm2786
2010 JK Wrangler 

In all fairness my 2007 sahara 4dr has been very reliable. I have never had a problem with it starting or anything. The soft top leaks a little but that is probably do to age and wear and tear on the seals. The interior is not as good as some of the old but does the job. Like any car maker; none of them is perfect.
rjm2786 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2010 , buying , help needed , wrangler jk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.