buying my first jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > buying my first jeep

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-12-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
matt0420

buying my first jeep

im looking to buy my first jeep, ive been looking around for awhile now, and ive come across quite a few now. ive been wanting to know, what the differences are between an "x" model, and a "sport". im intrested in an 05' wrangler "x" it has 37k miles and seems to be in good condition. the owner is asking 13,500. is that a good buy for me? if anyone has any information that i could use please let me know.

thankyou.

matt0420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2009, 12:43 AM   #2
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Here's a place to start. Basically an "X" is a striped down model like an SE with an I6. The Sport will usually come with more options and had more options to choose from including the D44 option. "X"s never had the D44 option, which is very sought after rear differential if you are planning on modding with a lift, tires, and/or lockers. Make sure you check the fluids, all the maintenance records if available, and a carfax. Also make sure you look underneath at the skids for any scrapes and dents, that could be a sign of off road use.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2009, 11:18 AM   #3
matt0420

some advice.please??

ive gotten some great information so far thankyou for that. Now im curious about the price of this jeep im looking at. its an 05' jeep wrangler "x", it has 37k miles, it has a soft top, only one owner, and its in good condition inside, and its a 4.0li "inline 6", 6 speed.. i was wondering. is that a fair price for this car?

thankyou.
Unread 10-13-2009, 11:19 AM   #4
matt0420

thankyou for the info on the diffrences. i appreciate it.
Unread 10-13-2009, 12:13 PM   #5
terrypm
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Have you checked at Edmunds.com for prices? Does it have an upgrade cloth interior, a/c, cd, nicer alloy rims, full hard doors, cruise?

I enjoy my hardtop in the winter and the a/c in the summer.
terrypm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2009, 02:31 PM   #6
matt0420

loaded

the jeep itself is completely stock it has cd, cruise, and all the basics.
Unread 10-13-2009, 11:33 PM   #7
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

edmonds and KKB are going to be your best bet on price, as it varies depending on area you live in.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 04:59 AM   #8
MonroeOgden

Hi friends

I think to buy a jeep.I got good information from this.Thanks.

---------------------------------

Please contact me

Osmond@sycodas.am
Oswald@sycodas.co.ee
Othello@sycodas.gr
Otis@sycodas.hu
Ouray@sycodas.ru
MonroeOgden is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.