Buying a CJ5 and CJ7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Buying a CJ5 and CJ7

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineKrawlOff-Road.com Jeep Beach Sale

Unread 07-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
Anelson0046

Buying a CJ5 and CJ7

So I'm interested in buying a couple of CJ's from a guy I know. I don't know the exact years of them but they are between the years of 1975-1980. The CJ5 runs good has new transmission new brakes new fiberglass tub body and soft top. The CJ7 however is in rougher condition and does not have an engine. Without really knowing much about the CJ7 what do you guys value it at? And also he wants $6000 for both of them. I will offer $5000 I think that is a fair price for both. I am hoping to get between $500 and $1000 for the CJ7 because I will probably sell it.

Anelson0046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #2
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

CJ-7: Depending on rust, 0-2k. 2k would be minus an engine but with all your dream parts already installed.

I don't know about the 5. Need more info.

I will put it this way. I drove from middle of Louisiana to middle on New Mexico to get a rust free CJ-7 for 4k. When I sold it, a guy from Indiana drove to LA to get it. Hard to find a good CJ....

From what you said (it the CJ-5 runs and drives), I would offer 4k and walk if he said anything above. Of you could take my Dad's approach, as him what his bottom dollar is, but then you are stuck there.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.