Buying advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Buying advice

Halloween Savings to die for!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 11-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #1
JeepNewb1

Buying advice

Looking at a 2001 wrangler. I went to the boneyard today to find a stock bumper for my 95 YJ. When I was there I saw a 2001 Wrangler in good condition... Frame looked good has 99K on it starts and runs but it was hit on the passenger wheel in an accident. The guy at the bone yard said it had a bent axle but everything else was fine except the passenger fender. I is rino lined and carpet re-installed and has BFG 31 10.5.15 on it including brand new spare. Tires were in good shape interior was nice. He said he was going to fix and sell it or I could buy as is. I'll have to replace front axle and fender and paint fender. I'm thinking of selling my YJ. 8k on remanufactured 4 banger 2row alum radiator. Needs some work but just passed Massachusetts inspection 3 days ago new front seats replace dash cowl window seal. It is from Hawaii and has no rot and little rust. best untouched 95 i'v yet to see. no rot in floor pans.

What should I expect to pay for the TJ with the work it needs? And what should I ask for my YJ?

JeepNewb1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2013, 07:19 AM   #2
robtco99
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Does it have a clear or salvage title? Hard top, soft top, full doors, half doors, 4.0, 2.5, etc? Impossible to value with the limited info given and no pics
Unread 11-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #3
JeepNewb1

Its 4.0 automatic. Hard top full hard doors. After market front bumper and sliders with step rail. Dont know axle specs Im assuming they are stock
Unread 11-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #4
brownbagg
1930 MK Compass 

lot of junkyard surrender the title so that vechile might not ever bellowed back on the road, its parts only. usually when an insurance company pays them off they take the vin numbers too.
brownbagg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2013, 08:39 PM   #5
JeepNewb1

Sorry forgot to answer that question. It does have a clear title...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.