Buying a 2011 Rubicon, fully loaded, from a dealer with 600 Miles on it... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 27 Old 04-13-2011, 03:40 PM
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Come on guys..12% mark up really? I would be a millionaire over and over. I have been in the biz a long time and on the management side. SO follow my steps in this thread. Trust me. I have a article on here somewhere "Jeep Buying 101" that I wrote awhile ago. But I have posted about the Tread Lightly discount on there. 99% of the people on here don't know about it. And right now the $500 Wrangler bucks is back on. Any questions let me know. Just call Tracy over at Tread and tell her Rich sent ya.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f165/...-help-1180331/

'04 TJ Rocky Mountain, 4" Fabtech, Sitting on 35"s
Jeep Selling Guru...
IG: R_U_STUCK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 Old 04-14-2011, 03:46 PM
durable1
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart View Post
thanks durable1. if anyone's looking, let me know what you're looking for. i'll let you know if i have it, and if i don't, i can try and get it. if i can't, i'll tell you where it is so you can get it yourself.

on a side note, we actually have 2 dealerships near you (not jeep ones though). we own sunrise toyota and BMW of oyster bay. we're really starting to stretch out.

I am familiar with both dealers. I will be purchasing a Rubicon probabaly this summer when I will be able to pay cash. Not sure if new 2011 or pre-owned. Who knows...maybe we can make a deal.
post #18 of 27 Old 04-16-2011, 11:19 PM
julietkilo

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I got my JK Unlimited Rubicon for 29,000 Brand new and built to my specs. Used this website. http://www.encs.com/

Bought a 2003 Rubicon that was listed at 15999 by a nearby dealer and talked them down through ebay to 13000!

Never pay MSRP

2003 Flame Red Rubicon
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

tummytukd on 35's

Air Force Loadmaster/Air Force Jeep Club #12

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #19 of 27 Old 04-18-2011, 08:00 AM
IRSmart
2015 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietkilo View Post
Never pay MSRP
why
post #20 of 27 Old 04-19-2011, 10:39 PM
smess
2011 JK Wrangler 

i pay ep pricing, on a rubicon that stickers at 35k i paid 30,300
post #21 of 27 Old 04-19-2011, 10:40 PM
smess
2011 JK Wrangler 

and if they come out with the new *****tar motor you are fxxxed, I would wait a month and see what happens its a little wierd how all of the sudden there are a ton of ebays ads for wranglers, i think someone knows something about 2012
post #22 of 27 Old 04-19-2011, 11:21 PM
julietkilo

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
why
i dunno... a fool and his gold are soon parted?

2003 Flame Red Rubicon

tummytukd on 35's

post #23 of 27 Old 04-20-2011, 12:02 AM
RubiconMT
2012 JK Wrangler 

I had a similar situation. I originally purchased a sight-unseen JKU rubicon fully loaded with the agreement that it had 50 miles or less. The Lithia dealer here sent their guy to Washington to pick it up and discovered the other dealership had loaned it out overnight and it had some 600 odd miles on it. I was not happy.
The dealership offered me an extended (to 75k) wrap around and lifetime oil changes. The original price for the jeep (mind you there was some negotiating with trade in value) was 36800. I believe Edmunds.com says 37300 is fair purchase price.
I didn't take it, knowing that if I took a jeep overnight- especially one I had no intention of buying- I would personally hammer it.
I opted to wait a couple weeks for another delivery and got mine with the extended warranty and lifetime oil changes, for the same price. Also because the new one didn't come with dual tops like the original one I had purchased they had to suck it up and get me a soft top. Dual top option is like1200, and they had offered me another 1000 for my trade in (2wd tacoma with a hair below 100k miles) as I had used this opportunity to talk to another dealership and pit them against each other which was time consuming but well worth it.
I am very glad I waited, there is nothing like driving off the lot with 4 miles on your jeep!

"We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control."
post #24 of 27 Old 04-20-2011, 07:38 AM
IRSmart
2015 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
i dunno... a fool and his gold are soon parted?
but why is it foolish to pay a price, as long as it is fair? i'm not saying this one is or isn't, simply challenging the "never" part. there are times when an original asking price is fair, so sometimes there is no need for negotiation. i simply don't understand people who say "i'll never pay MSRP" but never really have a good reason as to why, that's the only reason i asked.
post #25 of 27 Old 04-20-2011, 08:58 AM
julietkilo

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
but why is it foolish to pay a price, as long as it is fair? i'm not saying this one is or isn't, simply challenging the "never" part. there are times when an original asking price is fair, so sometimes there is no need for negotiation. i simply don't understand people who say "i'll never pay MSRP" but never really have a good reason as to why, that's the only reason i asked.
On the other hand, I dont have any Idea why people do pay MSRP, no one has given me a good reason to do so. Why when you could save hundreds and in some cases thousands. I dont mind msrp for smaller things sometimes they are worth it like my Craftsman and Sears stuff. But for a car that is the SECOND biggest purchase of your life you should loose out for not being informed. I spent a day in Baghdad once when my plane broke and read this website. This is how I approach car buying now. http://www.carbuyingtips.com/

Sorry for the bit off topic conversation. No anger intended in my posts...

2003 Flame Red Rubicon

tummytukd on 35's

post #26 of 27 Old 04-20-2011, 11:31 AM
IRSmart
2015 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Sorry for the bit off topic conversation. No anger intended in my posts...
no offense recieved, i sometimes like a healthy debate

my views are somewhat biased being in the field, but i look at it as, the person selling is entitled to make some profit, that's why they're in business. yes, we offer things that the person on the street doesn't, like a warranty, piece of mind knowing it's been inspected by a trained mechanic, etc, so it stands to reason we would ask a little more. on the same token, if we have something listed below the average market price (which we pretty much have to in this day or we wouldn't generate any traffic), why do we need to discount? the price is already fair? like you, i'm not trying to generate offense, simply arguring the other side of the fense, one that rarely gets stood on, or even the lawn mowed
post #27 of 27 Old 04-20-2011, 11:59 AM
julietkilo

2003 TJ Wrangler 

^^ dont forget its always greener as well. I owned a small business for a year and it really opened my eyes, I undersold and could not maintain due to low prices. They are there to make a profit but car dealers as in my link above are paid by cars moved by the auto maker! Whatever they get on top of that is pure profit. That is why MSRP is a starting point and should only go down. I agree be fair... well I could go on, read the huge website that I posted above its very informitive and I asked a local friend who sells cars and he agreed some and many are greed oriented. MSRP should be a point to haggle not the price. (in the auto world)

2003 Flame Red Rubicon

tummytukd on 35's

Tags
buying , miles , purchase , rubicon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.