Buying 1st Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Buying 1st Jeep

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 01-27-2008, 11:06 AM   #1
R&D Cleveland

Buying 1st Jeep

Okay, yes I am new here.

I am looking to buy my first jeep. I have decided on the Wrangeler.

I do want to buy the best product form my money though and I need some feedback from some experts- yes that is you.

Most of my driving will be city. I live in Ohio. I occassionally want to do some off roading. The vehicle must have a hard top.

Should I get the 4cyl or the 6 cyl?

JP magazine just did an article about the best Wrangler years and they said 97-03.

My budget is about 9,000.

I see wrangler sports day in and out for 7500$ with the hard top and a 6cyl, is this a good deal.

R&D Cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2008, 12:00 PM   #2
1998^Jeep^TJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hi, I am fairly new here to and far from a expert but I bought my first jeep wrangler TJ 2 years ago it was a random buy I wasn't looking for a jeep just wanted out of my S10 truck I was looking at my local dealer and the sales shark found me close to a 1998 TJ green hard top 4.0L 5 speed and pushed me in after a test drive I was sold and have been ever since! Now here is my opinion Get a TJ 97 and up with a Hardtop because it is costly to buy later, if you can find one with both tops 4.0L 6 cyl. is a must I like the 5 speed but AT are good for city driving if you think you are going to add a lift later find one that has had a lift added already(if it has been done right and not ragged out) because a lift and wheel/tires can set you back thousands ppl don't get that money when they resale.If I had it to do over and knew I was buying a TJ I would have bought a Rubicon with a lift and tires allready done but I would still want my 98 TJ sport. I think 7,500 is a good price Good luck,Be sure when you get one come back and show us.
1998^Jeep^TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.