Buying 1st Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Buying 1st Jeep

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 01-27-2008, 11:06 AM   #1
R&D Cleveland

Buying 1st Jeep

Okay, yes I am new here.

I am looking to buy my first jeep. I have decided on the Wrangeler.

I do want to buy the best product form my money though and I need some feedback from some experts- yes that is you.

Most of my driving will be city. I live in Ohio. I occassionally want to do some off roading. The vehicle must have a hard top.

Should I get the 4cyl or the 6 cyl?

JP magazine just did an article about the best Wrangler years and they said 97-03.

My budget is about 9,000.

I see wrangler sports day in and out for 7500$ with the hard top and a 6cyl, is this a good deal.

R&D Cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2008, 12:00 PM   #2
1998^Jeep^TJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hi, I am fairly new here to and far from a expert but I bought my first jeep wrangler TJ 2 years ago it was a random buy I wasn't looking for a jeep just wanted out of my S10 truck I was looking at my local dealer and the sales shark found me close to a 1998 TJ green hard top 4.0L 5 speed and pushed me in after a test drive I was sold and have been ever since! Now here is my opinion Get a TJ 97 and up with a Hardtop because it is costly to buy later, if you can find one with both tops 4.0L 6 cyl. is a must I like the 5 speed but AT are good for city driving if you think you are going to add a lift later find one that has had a lift added already(if it has been done right and not ragged out) because a lift and wheel/tires can set you back thousands ppl don't get that money when they resale.If I had it to do over and knew I was buying a TJ I would have bought a Rubicon with a lift and tires allready done but I would still want my 98 TJ sport. I think 7,500 is a good price Good luck,Be sure when you get one come back and show us.
1998^Jeep^TJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.