To buy or not to buy... that is the question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > To buy or not to buy... that is the question

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 02-25-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
NGCSU_Cadet
2003 WJ 

To buy or not to buy... that is the question

I recently sold my '03 Grand Cherokee with 125K miles for $6k and now am at college and heading to basic and AIT in July. I will be at Fort Meade MD (14 wk. AIT) and I have been told that I may have a vehicle as long as it is registered and all that good stuff. I also may be shipping out with my unit in late '14 so here are my questions.

I want to get a wrangler Sport and get aftermarket tires, rims, tubular steps, and bumper, should I...

1) Buy the jeep and bring it to my AIT or has anyone done that and gotten the car broken into or had any bad experiences, I have heard rumors?

2) Wait to a '14 rather than the '13?

3) Wait even more to see if my unit deploys and then wait for the rumored change in the '15/'16 model?

On a random note... if it hails and you have a soft top, what would you do? IM A NEW GUY SO TAKE THE REPLIES EASY ON ME

NGCSU_Cadet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGCSU_Cadet View Post
I recently sold my '03 Grand Cherokee with 125K miles for $6k and now am at college and heading to basic and AIT in July. I will be at Fort Meade MD (14 wk. AIT) and I have been told that I may have a vehicle as long as it is registered and all that good stuff. I also may be shipping out with my unit in late '14 so here are my questions.

I want to get a wrangler Sport and get aftermarket tires, rims, tubular steps, and bumper, should I...

1) Buy the jeep and bring it to my AIT or has anyone done that and gotten the car broken into or had any bad experiences, I have heard rumors?

2) Wait to a '14 rather than the '13?

3) Wait even more to see if my unit deploys and then wait for the rumored change in the '15/'16 model?

On a random note... if it hails and you have a soft top, what would you do? IM A NEW GUY SO TAKE THE REPLIES EASY ON ME
1) Get a TJ

2) Get a TJ

3) Get a TJ

Hail? Depends on the size I guess.. I have mine garaged. But its a soft top, the hail will probably bounce off, I'd be more worried about the sheetmetal.

Tags
buy , military , storage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.