Buy a Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Buy a Jeep

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 08-03-2011, 11:12 PM   #1
herrmc
1986 CJ7 

Buy a Jeep

I live on a farm, and I am comfortable turning a wrench, and have a nicely equipped shop... so I can work on something if needed.
I have quite a few Chevy small-block engines, and experience with them.

Not looking necessarily for something "nice", but really don't want junk either.

I have several ATV four wheelers, we use them on the farm, and occassionally take them to the hills for recreation. One thing that has struck me is that I can have a full grown Jeep for about the same amount as an ATV (not as easy to transport though, and maybe not as versatile?).

I recently took a trip to Colorado, while there my wife and I went on a trip above Ouray on CanAm ATV's... we had a blast, seen many jeeps up there. A buddy of mine (in colorado) has an old willys (1956 ?)... played with it a little, and it has given me "the bug"... but I don't want anything that old... and I don't want to work on it too much.

1.) Do the Fuel Injected 4.0 engines get much better fuel milage than the carb models? Are there any opinions regarding Inj vs carb? (I would think injection would be much better???).

2.) I have noticed several CJ's on ebay that have been modified to have a small-block chevy... Are there any opinions on this... things to watch for? (I figure my stockpile of chevy engines, and experience with them might be useful??)

3.) I am noticing a few "Scramblers" around... they appear to be longer with a little more room, but I haven't noticed any discussions on here about them... advice regarding them?

herrmc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.