Automatic Jeep - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Automatic Jeep

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 05-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #46
DeafJeep

Doc, That is a fun way to raise money for a good cause.

Can't believe someone would want to close the trails for everything from ATV's to Jeeps to snowmobiles.

I am no tree hugger but I do know the Holy Bible says to replenish the earth as necessary. These environmental groups take it too far.

Hopefully someday the money that is donated to legal funds can go to maintaining the trails in a normal & positive manner someday.

DeafJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #47
DeafJeep

For example, raise a million dollars through Jeep events then build an apartment in the city and that money goes towards buying up land and upkeep maintenance of historically marked Jeep trails in the countryside, a nice old time general store and things like the business model that Mr. Trump has successfully used for his golf courses & chain of famous hotels.

http://www.trump.com/

https://www.lehmans.com/

Who knows the Jeep Corporation might help us achieve that dream of having historically marked Jeep trails throughout the 50 states ?
Unread 05-06-2013, 12:33 PM   #48
DeafJeep

Like the interstate system that was built in the 1940's - 1950's.

There could be a historical off-road Jeep trail criss-crossing the U.S.A.
Unread 05-08-2013, 05:50 AM   #49
DeafJeep

Hi Doc, Sometimes I get carried away by too many good ideas.
Unread 05-08-2013, 06:39 AM   #50
DeafJeep

Unread 05-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #51
DeafJeep

Good information for in the future doing a Jeep restoration to a mint condition of the classic Jeep.

http://www.kaiserwillys.com/about_wi..._history_specs
Unread 05-09-2013, 11:01 PM   #52
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

i think about my 1947cj2a. My first ride. many trips on the rubicon with that thing. though it was so small compared to Jeeps today. like a clown car. that was long long time ago.
Unread 05-10-2013, 07:37 AM   #53
DeafJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
i think about my 1947cj2a. My first ride. many trips on the rubicon with that thing. though it was so small compared to Jeeps today. like a clown car. that was long long time ago.
The Jeep had to get its starting point somewhere on the pages of American history. Compared with today's engines, the Jeep engine was a humble engine.
Unread 05-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #54
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

humble.

top speed of it was 50mph thats was foot to thefloor. like 70hp? but it had great torque for a flat head 4 banger. It could not go past the speed of smell(Ron White). Vws back then would want to race me as it was the only thing slower on the road. lol but she was great off road, but like a covered waggon's suspension. very easy to work on or fix on a trail. wonder if its still running.
Unread 05-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #55
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafJeep View Post
Like the interstate system that was built in the 1940's - 1950's.

There could be a historical off-road Jeep trail criss-crossing the U.S.A.
The Rubicon trails is one.
Unread 05-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #56
DeafJeep

Quote:
humble.

top speed of it was 50mph thats was foot to thefloor. like 70hp? but it had great torque for a flat head 4 banger. It could not go past the speed of smell(Ron White). Vws back then would want to race me as it was the only thing slower on the road. lol but she was great off road, but like a covered waggon's suspension. very easy to work on or fix on a trail. wonder if its still running.
What color was your '47 Jeep ?

http://www.kaiserwillys.com/about_wi..._history_specs
Unread 05-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #57
DeafJeep

Quote:
The Rubicon trails is one.
That is so cool !!
Unread 05-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #58
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafJeep View Post
when my grandfather found it out on a ranch it was the color of rust. looked like it went through hell and back. getting in , stepped right through the floor. He owned an Allis Chamblers tractor shop. they had about every bit of heavy and light mechanical stuff a young boy could ever need. so we parked it in a bay and took it down to the frame. I learned alot about a Jeep that summer. working at the shop and on that Jeep till midnight every night. we painted it a metalic light brown. it was very cool to have that at 15 in tahoe with the Rubicon as my back yard and all the other trails.
Unread 05-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #59
DeafJeep

Quote:
when my grandfather found it out on a ranch it was the color of rust. looked like it went through hell and back. getting in , stepped right through the floor. He owned an Allis Chamblers tractor shop. they had about every bit of heavy and light mechanical stuff a young boy could ever need. so we parked it in a bay and took it down to the frame. I learned alot about a Jeep that summer. working at the shop and on that Jeep till midnight every night. we painted it a metalic light brown. it was very cool to have that at 15 in tahoe with the Rubicon as my back yard and all the other trails.
That tan Jeep must have been your first time to drive to high school & going to work as a teenager ? I can only imagine the stories you may have at the burger places where girls in roller skates delivered your hamburger & fries and milkshakes and taking the Jeep to the drive in theater to watch a movie.
Unread 05-10-2013, 10:45 PM   #60
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

I met my wife in that Jeep. we still jeep to this day. Yep drive in's theaters were the thing. gas was 45cents a gallon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.