Automatic Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Automatic Jeep

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
DeafJeep

Automatic Jeep

Hi I am a new guy here. Obviously my Jeep needs are going to be a little different and hoping you guys could help.

First alittle bit about myself, I am a Deaf man that uses American Sign Language everyday.

Now to the Jeep, when was the first Jeep with automatic ? ( no shift stick )

With the automatic option, are there air conditioning or heating because I live in the Northeastern states.

I was looking on the e-bay site and it seems the Jeep ones that has the automatic option are the CJ-7 from the 1970's.

That got me wondering, what Jeeps have these two options in what years from the earliest year & make and model to latest year please ?

Two more requests that crossed my mind ... I noticed on a new model Jeep the window shield does not fold down anymore. When did Jeep stop putting the window shield down ? I want one with the window shield down please ?

I would like a genuine & nostalgic Jeep that meets my needs that after work, I can go camping with my girlfriend on the weekends.

With the right kind of Jeep when I can buy one. I will need a trailer to put my automatic Polaris 4 wheeler ATV on the trailer. Which one do you recommend please ?

Thank you fellow Jeep drivers for your help. Cheers

DeafJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #2
DeafJeep

I hope this posting helps somebody else looking for the same thing. Not just Deaf people.

It could be a war veteran with a missing right arm or missing left leg that wants to get back to driving a Jeep but he or she is unable to drive shift stick. A family member could be wanting to welcome him or her home with a reliable mode of transportation, a Jeep.

Like what the closed captioning says on the TV show " The Count " says on the History Channel:

" Let's put you in the wind, man ... "

That is the same concept with a Jeep remembering an innocent and simpler time. God Bless

Last edited by DeafJeep; 05-02-2013 at 06:01 PM..
Unread 05-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #3
DeafJeep

From my research, the CJ-7 seems like a good candidate for driving in automatic mode.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep_CJ7#CJ-7

I am trying to figure out what years Jeep made automatic jeeps. Can you guys help please ?
Unread 05-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #4
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

All jeeps still have the ability to lower the window down. Its alot more work though now to do it. Do to safty the window is ALOT stonger. Older Cjs I have see them floop down in a mild front end crash.

By genuine & nostalgic. Willys, Kaiser, AMC? With square headlite started Chrysler and the Wrangler as the CJ name sake was not in the sale.

Older Jeeps will need more wrench time. Unless you are willing to buy a very low mile and expensive example from the like of Jay Leno or other collecters. I have had a 47cj a 66Cj and now own a 2012 with a auto. I have to say by far this latest version of the icon, is the best Driving Jeep I have ever had. Off road stock to stock it is the best ever. Towing in a older Jeep can lead to Fish Tailing rather easy at todays speeds. Older Jeeps will struggle at todays speeds. They did earn the "being a deathtrap" for a reason.

You could Google some of what you want to know. But a/c in oder Jeep is going to be as bad as the heaters were. Todays Jeeps you can bake bread or make Ice cubes. Drive it a few thousand miles and not feel like you were on horse all day. They have alot more room as well. Even My 2d Rubi has a ton more room than my 47 or the 66.

2012 was big change in performance with the new motor and more over the auto is a work of art for a Jeep. In a Rubi that auto is all out a crawler. tap shifting on the stick with a touch left or right. Very cool. The lastest Rubicon's are more a Jeep than Jeep ever was.

My 2$ adjusted for inflation
Unread 05-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #5
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

QUOTE=DeafJeep;15380906]From my research, the CJ-7 seems like a good candidate for driving in automatic mode.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep_CJ7#CJ-7

I am trying to figure out what years Jeep made automatic jeeps. Can you guys help please ? [/QUOTE]

I think for what you may have in mind. A Tj unlimited also know as the Lj would be far better. The 4.oL is a fine motor and know for its longevity. Not so old it will be to much trouble and with coil springs, you wont need medical relief after a long haul.
Unread 05-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #6
DeafJeep

Thank you Doc for narrowing down what should be looking for.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep_TJ

Last edited by DeafJeep; 05-02-2013 at 07:20 PM..
Unread 05-02-2013, 07:30 PM   #7
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafJeep View Post
Thank you Doc for narrowing down what should be looking for.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep_TJ
No trouble at all.

I you were in our area I know a guy that has a SUPER clean Lj for sale. 2005 stock. i think it has like 27k on it. No rust only been on very easy dirt roads here. The best old Jeeps are going to be from the south west. No salt, little rain. People here die before there Jeeps rust away.
Unread 05-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #8
DeafJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
No trouble at all.

I you were in our area I know a guy that has a SUPER clean Lj for sale. 2005 stock. i think it has like 27k on it. No rust only been on very easy dirt roads here. The best old Jeeps are going to be from the south west. No salt, little rain. People here die before there Jeeps rust away.
Thank you Doc , I have only began to save money. It won't be any time soon. I wish I had the money right now to buy a TJ.

How much do TJ's realistically go for so have a better idea of how much money to save ?
Unread 05-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #9
DeafJeep

Hey Doc, I am reading the TJ FAQ's ...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-forum-faq-615132/
Unread 05-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #10
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Thank you Doc , I have only began to save money. It won't be any time soon. I wish I had the money right now to buy a TJ.

How much do TJ's realistically go for so have a better idea of how much money to save ?
I was just talking to the guy about his right now. It has a few extras too winch, syn line. skids and he showed me the pic of it, man is it clean. Need tires soon they are stock tires still! 16.8K (Kbb(17k) is the asking price, This one is soooooooooooo clean.

He is going to send me details of it soon and I am going to post it at our clubs here. Things like this are what people want. Though most end up as crawlers and they wont stay new looking long they turn into toys.

he comes here in the winter, I know when he gets back we are going for a beer
Unread 05-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #11
DeafJeep

I wish could buy it right now. No interest in making it a crawler like in the desert. I just need tires made for the snow in the Northeast. That would have been perfect to buy right now if I had the cash. Out of state transfer of titles might cost a little bit more money though ...
Unread 05-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #12
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I wish could buy it right now. No interest in making it a crawler like in the desert. I just need tires made for the snow in the Northeast. That would have been perfect to buy right now if I had the cash. Out of state transfer of titles might cost a little bit more money though ...
mee too! But I owe on the 012 still. Hey you never know maybe it will be here still come winter you can just come and get it
Unread 05-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #13
DeafJeep

I have relatives in Texas. I could buy it if the TJ is still there in Arizona this winter.
Unread 05-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #14
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I have relatives in Texas. I could buy it if the TJ is still there in Arizona this winter.
Just talked to him again it will be here this winter I think he said it is in a container being stored until he gets back!!

Details:
"will be available when we get down there late October or early November OK? Yes auto a/c 6 cly 23 or 24miles! 10k winch hard top full skids- tailgate orginzer syn rope on the winch --single dvd-like new--?"

Could work out for ya, maybe we all meet for a beer and talk jeep.
Unread 05-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #15
DeafJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
Just talked to him again it will be here this winter I think he said it is in a container being stored until he gets back!!

Details:
"will be available when we get down there late October or early November OK? Yes auto a/c 6 cly 23 or 24miles! 10k winch hard top full skids- tailgate orginzer syn rope on the winch --single dvd-like new--?"

Could work out for ya, maybe we all meet for a beer and talk jeep.
That would be awesome. How much money do I need to save ?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.