Almost a new JKU owner - Park Jeep, Bloomington, MN - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Almost a new JKU owner - Park Jeep, Bloomington, MN

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-21-2012, 05:02 AM   #1
gfsimon
2012 JK Wrangler 

Almost a new JKU owner - Park Jeep, Bloomington, MN

Well, I had hoped my first post would be a happier one - that I was a new 2012 JKU Rubicon owner. Instead a tail of a poor dealer.

I had a 2008 JK Rubicon which I loved, but it was a bit small for what I needed it for. When the 2012s came out, I decided the unlimited would be close to perfect for my needs. I qualify for the affiliate price through work and Park Jeep in Bloomington, MN had a couple of JKU Rubicons in stock that I was interested in. I contacted them and was told, yes, they do honor the affiliate price and they sent me information on the in stock Jeeps.

The day before I was going to drive to Park to purchase, I emailed my affiliate control number to them to get the "out the door" price. I had the trade in cleaned out and title in hand, ready to go. That evening, I got an email from Park saying that due to the "national shortage" they would only honor the affiliate price on an order. My interpretation of this is "Screw you, we can sell these for close to list price so we are not interested in honoring the affiliate price". Park, you didn't loose one customer, but at least two - my wife is also looking to purchase a new Chrysler product.

Too many good and trustworthy dealers out there to choose from. No need to deal with these types.

Jerry, Future 2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon owner....just not as soon as I hoped.

gfsimon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2012, 07:04 AM   #2
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Had something similar happen to me about 10 years ago. I also qualified for a discounted price, but the dealer would only sell at MSRP, on an order, because he was selling units in stock at over MSRP. I never got as close to a deal as you however. They've since closed that dealer. I thought they went out of business, but I think they moved / merged with another dealer.

I went somewhere else; found a different car from a dealership 75 miles or so away. Had a much better experience on a car I ended up keeping almost 10 years.

Keep looking. One question: why not just order one?
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2012, 07:34 AM   #3
gfsimon
2012 JK Wrangler 

I suspect I will be ordering (just not from Park). The two they had in stock I was interested in where pretty much identical to what I would order (and my two favorite colors - white and black forest green). I was hoping to avoid the delay of ordering though.

Jerry
Unread 02-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #4
Justal13
2012 WK 

Yes, Park Jeep and Fury both have poor customer skills. From personal experience, I will not deal with either any more. They are both excellent at telling you one thing to bait you in, and will pull the switcheroo on you after they think you are sucker hooked.

I bought my new 2012 Jeep GC from Dan at Barnett a few months ago. This was my 3rd purchase from Barnett in the past 30 years. Very honest dealer and they gave me a good deal. Now, I qualified for the supplier pricing and there was a $1000 rebate at the time. I also had a good condition lower mileage trade-in, and they gave me NADA excellent for it. With the supplier pricing of 1% under invoice, and accounting for the trade-in, I got approximately $4,200 off the $39K sticker price. The owner himself delivered the GC to me and thanked me for my business.

I spent a total of less than 2 hours on 2 visits to make the deal and pick it up. Barnett will dealer trade to get you what you are looking for (mine was traded from Walser Hopkins Jeep, also a decent dealer that I have purchased from in the past.). Larry Reid's Bloomington Jeep is OK too. Lupient in Brooklyn Center is so-so.

I was willing to pay an extra $500 or so to work with decent salespeople, and know that I did OK on the deal without a lot of pressure or haggling. Being treated with respect is very important.

Rubicons are popular sellers and some dealers many not want to discount them as much.

You can check their inventory online. Keep in mind that the $ off shown at most dealers includes inventives you may not qualify for. But you are informed of the pricing and what you are looking for, be prepared to deal a bit. Best luck.

http://www.barnettchryslerjeep.com/n...ac4541e90e.htm
Justal13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2012, 04:28 AM   #5
gfsimon
2012 JK Wrangler 

Ok so Park Jeep being dicks turned out to be a great thing for me!

Found a JKU Rubicon in Roseville, emailed them asking about the affiliate price, immediate response saying they could even do a bit better then that price. 90 minutes later, I was in Roseville buying my new Jeep Pretty much what I would have ordered....would have skipped the dual tops (I think ) and would have ordered the tow package, but outside of that, perfect! Great dealer, great price, fair trade, fast and friendly.

Now, the money spending begins.
Jerry
Unread 02-24-2012, 04:35 AM   #6
MadGerbil
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have a friend who recently bought a new vehicle by first contacting the dealer over the phone.
She was able to get a better deal over the phone than at a local dealer in person.
I think there is something to that.
MadGerbil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2012, 09:41 PM   #7
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I bought my Jeep from Park Jeep and so have several family members we have never had any of the experiences you are talking about. I think Park Jeep is one of the best dealers in MN, there prices are also hard to beat.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.