Advice on selling my Wrangler and buying a grand cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Advice on selling my Wrangler and buying a grand cherokee

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #1
FO4
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Advice on selling my Wrangler and buying a grand cherokee

Okay so what I am looking for is opinions, based on experience if possible. I have a beautiful 1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport that I have had for 6 years. It only has 138,000 miles on it and I use it as a daily driver. I had decided a couple months ago to get rid of it and get something newer like a Wrangler Unlimited. Bottom line is, I am cheap and can't bring myself to spend that kind of money. So I put a little cash into the Wrangler to keep it but then got a bright idea to buy a used Cherokee. I found a 2004 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4 with only 71,000 miles. Opinions please, good call? bad call? and why. Thanks!

FO4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #2
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The problem is that the Laredo has 71,000 UNKNOWN miles. The Wrangler has 138,000 miles that you put on it yourself (or most of them, I imagine), and you know its history. Known is always better than unknown. Both vehicles have depreciated about as much as they are going to, but the Wrangler historically has way higher resale value than the Cherokee. I MIGHT do an even trade... but without seeing both it would be impossible to say. As for me, I would keep the Wrangler.
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 12:09 PM   #3
Adam013085

Keep the wrangler. The moment you get rid of it will be the moment you start regretting it.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.