Advice on buying RWD XJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Advice on buying RWD XJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #1
pointofvu

Advice on buying RWD XJ

Been lurking on the forum for a while and appreciate all the great information. I've been looking at getting a used Cherokee as a hobby vehicle and some weekend camping trips. No real intentions of off-roading.
Is this vehicle fairly priced? It seems a tad high given the high mileage but was wondering if that's just dealer markup. Other Cherokees have been priced higher locally but generally have under 200k miles
http://iphone.warnerrobinscjd.com/in...cd77f7_p_2Ehtm

pointofvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #2
Adam013085

Wow way too high! Especially for RWD cherokee. Should be half of that MAX. You can find cherokees with half the mileage in the $2500-3000 range plus 4x4.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #3
pointofvu

Thanks for the response; really appreciate it. The research I had done on the various pricing sites indicated it was too high, but I've been seeing lots of high pricing here in middle GA (eg, asking 6k for a consensus 3k vehicle). I get that there are regional differences but this has seemed extreme.

Any thoughts on going in with an offer in the 40-50% range?
pointofvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #4
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Ever since Cash For Clunkers and numerous articles in 4x4 magazines about how great a budget 4x4 the XJ Cherokee is, prices have increased.

The price is way too high for a 2wd Jeep, my buddy just bought a rust-free Texas 99 2wd XJ for $2100. ( It did need a few minor repairs. ) Prices do vary greatly based on overall condition and regional location.

Throw them an offer, see if they bite.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #5
Adam013085

If you are looking for a 4x4 hold out and don't settle! I find it hard to consider a 2wd jeep a real jeep
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.