Adventure Jeeps in Georgia - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > Adventure Jeeps in Georgia

Warn and Smittybilt Free Shipping OfferIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 12-12-2011, 05:20 PM   #1
Acidhouse
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Adventure Jeeps in Georgia

I had a really bad experience with Adventure Jeeps in Georgia and wanted to post my experience. My recommendation would be to stay away.

Ironically, it actually starts with me selling my Jeep. I had owned my TJ for seven years and I decided to sell it and get something else for a while. I figured I would be back in a Jeep again in a few years but after seven years, it was time for something different.

What I decided on was a very anti-Jeep. I decided to buy a Miata. I have owned a couple in the past and they are a heck of a lot of fun. With three little ones, I wasn't using the Jeep any more but anything for daily interstate driving so I figured why not.

I found a decent priced Miata at Adventure Jeeps. Adventure Jeeps is located in Clarkesville, Georgia and pretty much limits their sales to nothing but TJs. As I live four hours away, I asked some questions before I went to drive. My number one question was whether the title was good. The salesman, (who will remain nameless), tells me that the Jeep has a good title. Based on this, I take off from work early to drive up to Clarkesville. I get there, give the Miata a test drive. It drives well. I go ahead and buy the Miata. As I am alone, I am unable to bring it back with me but I have to make a trip up there the following weekend.

I post my find on one of the Miata forums. A fellow forum member states that he was also looking at that one and he wanted to let me know that it had a "rebuilt" title. I run the carfax and sure enough, the Miata has a rebuilt title along with what appears to be misreporting about the actual mileage on the odometer.

I have a few messages back and forth with the other guy on the forum. He tells me that when he called, he was told that I was on the way to purchase it. Further, he was told that there was a carfax report that showed the title had been rebuilt. The salesman does not tell the other guy about the funny business with the odometer.

On the next business day, without telling the salesman that I have been in contact with the other prospective purchaser, I ask him again about the title. Specifically I say, "did you know that the car had a salvage title?" Faced with my direct question, he states that yes, it did have a salvage title in North Carolina but was titled in Georgia with a clean title. I then reminded him that I specifically asked him about the title prior to driving up there and then I follow up by asking him, "did you know about the title when I asked?" He pauses awkwardly and tells me that he was unaware of the title defect when I originally called him.

A couple of things; one, I have no idea why the salesman didn't tell me about the issue with the title but told the next guy in line. He specifcally told the other guy that he had the carfax on the car and would provide it. Two, even if I take this guy at his word that he somehow didn't know about the issue that morning, he had already spoken to the other guy while I was driving up, so he definitely knew about the issue prior to me giving him the money. I also called him twice while I was driving to give him status on where I was. At no point did he tell me about the title defects and the issues with the odometer.

First, I know, shame on me for not running the carfax prior to purchase. I get that I made a mistake. I'm not posting looking for any sympathy. However, this is a Jeep dealer that sells TJs and makes no bones about not disclosing material defects to potential purchasers. Further, they don't mind bending the truth when directly asked a question. Definitely be on your toes if you deal with these guys but I would recommend going somewhere else if you are looking to buy a Jeep.

Red Jeep Member #231
Acidhouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2011, 06:34 PM   #2
mudfan

Thanks for sharing that. I have been keeping my eye on their website for a while now hoping to find one find the right one for the right price. I will definitely ask them to provide a carfax before I even make the drive.
mudfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2011, 07:22 PM   #3
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Did you keep the Miata or get out of it ?
Unread 12-12-2011, 08:12 PM   #4
Acidhouse
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I actually kept it. That's the kicker. For what it was it wasn't a bad price. It was a 1999 for $2995 and a $500 processing fee. I paid $3500 out the door. It also looked to be the 10th Anniversary Edition. Those typically sell for $5000 to $6500. I spoke with the salesman about the price and what he told me was that they only like to deal in Jeeps so if it is a non-Jeep they simply sell them at a wholesale price. At the time, I took him at his word but once I figured it out, what they were really doing was selling it at the price it was actually worth. When I got there, I noticed that it wasn't the Anniversary model, it lacked the 6 speed tranny among other things. I asked the guy about it, and he stated that he didn't know. They didn't advertise it as the Anniversary model and I didn't expect him to know but I pointed out that only the Anniversary models came in that color, it would have been a great time for him to fess up and mention the prior accident that totalled it out and that it was probably a repaint.

Here's the thing that really blows my mind. If they had simply been honest about the car, it would have sold at the price they had advertised. The guy on the other forum that tipped me off told me that he was fine with buying it knowing the issues. Had I known about the issues previously, I probably would have passed but there is also a possibility I still would have bought it. In short, this guy had no issue with lying even when he didn't have to.
Red Jeep Member #231
Unread 12-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #5
Alex_V

Odometer stuff can be a simple paperwork mess up. One the title to my VR-6 I crossed over an incorrect digit, was in the hurry writing it up and made a mistake. End result, car title showing "mileage not accurate"
Alex_V is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2011, 03:34 PM   #6
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

do you know it was the same salesman that told the second guy about the title? it's possible that one person knew about the title, but not the other.
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2011, 08:36 PM   #7
Acidhouse
1993 YJ Wrangler 

It was the same guy. I confirmed the name.

As for the odometer, I think there is a good chance that the mileage is the actual mileage but it still showed up on the carfax report that they had and they failed to mention it to either me or the other guy. Dealers are under different rules than private sellers. At the very minimum, the guy had a duty to disclose the issue about the title when I asked him directly about it.

My guess is that if ten people were to buy Jeeps from Adventure Jeeps, nine of them would probably have no issues and be okay, Jeeps are great vehicles, but at the end of the day, if there was an issue and this salesman had a choice of lying to someone to make the sale or being honest, the guy would lie to make the sale.
Red Jeep Member #231
Unread 02-18-2012, 06:07 AM   #8
JC1963
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I bought my TJ from them. We looked at and drove several jeeps they had on their lot that day(this was when they were in Catersville, GA.). The one thing I noticed was (or maybe it was just me being me) they seemed to push for a quick sale. I guess I drove 8-12 Jeeps they had .... crawled over and under them looking at everything, this kinda made me stand out as I was the only one doing this....LOL...The salesman kept telling me "we go over every Jeep before we put it on the lot" ..... My wife was like "you don't know my hubby .... we will be here all day".
JC1963 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2013, 09:58 AM   #9
Inca03tj
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The guy that owns this place bought my jeep in may and said he was in construction and needed a project. Now it's on his lot for 5 grand more with cheap outlaw II's and new seats. He had no reason to lie but chose to anyway. Ill never do business with him.
Inca03tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.