about to buy my first jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > about to buy my first jeep

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
xMyFirstJeepx
2000 TJ Wrangler 

about to buy my first jeep

one of my co-worker is selling her jeep for $4,000, i don't have a whole lot of info on it yet but all i know is its a 2000 jeep wrangler. the paint is in good condition, interior is in good condition, front and rear bumper is kind of smashed, comes with a hard top, inline 6 automatic tranny, with about 130,xxx miles.

xMyFirstJeepx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #2
xMyFirstJeepx
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Here some pics my friend sent me. Has a clean title
Unread 11-13-2013, 07:13 AM   #3
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Looks good to me. Very good. Body looks straight. Looks to be stock, which is a good thing. Being a CA. car, there shouldn't be any rust although you need to check to make sure. Needs to be detailed, but that is just part of the fun. BUT…. how does it drive? Crank, start, stop, idle. Does it wander down it Interstate, or track true. Does the 4WD work well? Are there any weird noises?

This one has potential. Keep us posted.
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #4
Adam013085

If no issues Id gladly hand a coworker 4k for this jeep. The bumpers on it are cosmetic anyway. For a 6 cyl automatic with a hardtop with minimal to no rust this is a steal if there are no other hidden issues.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2013, 12:29 AM   #5
xMyFirstJeepx
2000 TJ Wrangler 

my co-worker been off. can't test drive it until friday, but i will keep you guys updated
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #6
robtco99
2001 XJ Cherokee 

That looks like a very good deal if nothing is wrong with it. I wouldn't mess around because someone will jump on it fast for that price.
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #7
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Oh yeah, I like it. Do keep us posted. Wish I'd seen one like this when I was shopping.
Unread 11-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #8
xMyFirstJeepx
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i test drove it today, it ran pretty smooth other than the idle problem. she said it overheated and she brought it to a shop to fix the overheating issue and after that it the idle goes up and down when its cold. she'll bring it back to shop to get it fix before she sell it to me. just waiting on her to get it fix. anxiously waiting for her with cash in hand
Unread 11-16-2013, 07:54 AM   #9
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Seeking idle when cold is kind of a Jeep thing, at least on mine. Find out from the owner how the garage fixed the overheating and if she is satisfied with their work. When I think about it, I like the idea that this jeep was female-owned. A woman will take mechanical problems to a garage (where, hopefully the mechs know what they are doing). Us guys jump right in under the hood with large hammers, etc. whether we know what we are doing or not.
If you are still happy when she gets it back to you, don't argue price: just pay her! Then the fun will start!
Find yourself some replacement or new bumpers. Put 'em on. Search on this forum for how to refinish the fender flairs. Do it.

And by all means, post some pictures of your progress.
Unread 11-17-2013, 12:27 PM   #10
gunut
2013 JK Wrangler 

at that price ...just buy it
gunut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #11
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunut View Post
at that price ...just buy it
Yep.

Have you got it yet? Why not?
Unread 11-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #12
xMyFirstJeepx
2000 TJ Wrangler 

getting it today. she said she want to get a tune-up for me then smog it and now she on her way to my house now.
Unread 11-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #13
xMyFirstJeepx
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDNewman View Post
Seeking idle when cold is kind of a Jeep thing, at least on mine. Find out from the owner how the garage fixed the overheating and if she is satisfied with their work. When I think about it, I like the idea that this jeep was female-owned. A woman will take mechanical problems to a garage (where, hopefully the mechs know what they are doing). Us guys jump right in under the hood with large hammers, etc. whether we know what we are doing or not.
If you are still happy when she gets it back to you, don't argue price: just pay her! Then the fun will start!
Find yourself some replacement or new bumpers. Put 'em on. Search on this forum for how to refinish the fender flairs. Do it.

And by all means, post some pictures of your progress.
she said she kept all the receipt so i'll take a look at the receipt and see what has done to it. my supervisor said he think its the idle air control. he told me i probably just have to take it off and clean it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.