'98 XJ Sport - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > '98 XJ Sport

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-25-2011, 05:08 AM   #1
Doublewide
1998 XJ Cherokee 

'98 XJ Sport

As a former XJ owner, I'm back in the market for another.

Found a '98 Sport in my area that is very clean in/out given its age, clean Carfax, etc Test drove today and am very interested although there are some things that I'd like input on given the asking price of $4800:

1) 175k on the clock
2) 3" lift
3) 17" Rubicon wheels w/Spidertrax adapters
4) SYE

I know the I6 can run for a long time if maintained, but the mileage scares me a bit...should I be? Any thoughts/experience on running 17's? Adapters?

Thanks in advance!

Doublewide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
IndyXJ
2005 WK 

He can go lower...not a fan of that mileage. For example, a dealer has a 99XJ for $4750 with 117k miles and it's all stock and ready for your own mods. I guess he's trying to recoup a little on his wheels and lift,etc. Don't be in a hurry, shop around and make your best decision.

Previous Jeeps-01XJ, 99XJ
IndyXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2011, 02:16 PM   #3
robthebuilderer
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Used cars should be taken to a mechanic and checked out, ask for a compression test on an engine with that many miles. Good luck!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.