'98 XJ Sport - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > '98 XJ Sport

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-25-2011, 06:08 AM   #1
Doublewide
1998 XJ Cherokee 

'98 XJ Sport

As a former XJ owner, I'm back in the market for another.

Found a '98 Sport in my area that is very clean in/out given its age, clean Carfax, etc Test drove today and am very interested although there are some things that I'd like input on given the asking price of $4800:

1) 175k on the clock
2) 3" lift
3) 17" Rubicon wheels w/Spidertrax adapters
4) SYE

I know the I6 can run for a long time if maintained, but the mileage scares me a bit...should I be? Any thoughts/experience on running 17's? Adapters?

Thanks in advance!

Doublewide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2011, 01:12 PM   #2
IndyXJ
2005 WK 

He can go lower...not a fan of that mileage. For example, a dealer has a 99XJ for $4750 with 117k miles and it's all stock and ready for your own mods. I guess he's trying to recoup a little on his wheels and lift,etc. Don't be in a hurry, shop around and make your best decision.

Previous Jeeps-01XJ, 99XJ
IndyXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2011, 03:16 PM   #3
robthebuilderer
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Used cars should be taken to a mechanic and checked out, ask for a compression test on an engine with that many miles. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.