98' XJ, Good Deal? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > 98' XJ, Good Deal?

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 07-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #1
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

98' XJ, Good Deal?

Hello Jeepers, I sold my 87' YJ a few weeks ago with the intent to purchase an xj. Iv been reading and reading and decided I want a 96-99 Cherokee. Iv looked at a few, they were either over priced for the condition they were in or had to many issues. I just found a 98' cherokee with 122k miles. I planned on getting an automatic but this one is a stick. I know the ax15's are strong however so are the aw4's. Only issues the owner states is the rear wiper doesnt work and the driver rear door doesnt unlock/lock via the key remote. They want $3500 however will negotiate. If it has the 8.25 rear end Id really like to get it. This will be a daily driver. Would it be worth $3k?

straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
jsparhwk
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I got a 99 xj with about as many miles for $2,700, lifted it and its still going strong
only major replacement done so far is the exhaust..failed inspection due to rust.
Its my daily driver and its only let me down 2x in as many years.
Go for it! ... maybe try to bargin them down a little in price, mine doesn't have a faub
so dont know what it entails to get that working.
jsparhwk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
missmyoldjeep

Guess it depends on where u live, my small town in Michigan is bargain city. Just picked up my toy a few weeks ago for 800 bucks. 98 xj almost no rust with subs. Those r comin out tho when I lift it... Sky high! Lol
missmyoldjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2012, 07:10 PM   #4
straightsixjeep
1998 XJ Cherokee 

That deal fell through but I found another. Its a 98' as well, stick, looks mint inside and out. Has 170k miles and they want $2700. KBB says its around $2300. I think If I can get it for under $2k Id be a good deal. Its black with tinted windows.
straightsixjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
xj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.