'97 TJ w/ Rebuilt title - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > '97 TJ w/ Rebuilt title

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 04-17-2014, 06:39 PM   #1
ccb_dan

'97 TJ w/ Rebuilt title

OK so here's the question...is buying a Jeep with a rebuilt title a bad idea? I know it depends on the damage and how well it was repaired. The seller says it happened before he got it and to his knowledge it wasn't severely damaged. He says it runs straight at highway speeds.

He wants $6500 which I know is high but he has done some nice mods to it including 6" suspension lift, 35's, 8000lb winch, 4.11 gears, snorkel and SYE

It looks good in pics, haven't seen it in person yet.

Anyone in Miami area want to give it a look for me?

Thoughts?

ccb_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2014, 08:52 AM   #2
Adam013085

I'd have no problem buying a rebuilt title, however I won't give near the book price regardless of mods. I would not pay more than 60-70% book value MAX. I also would buy it with the intention of keeping it forever or keeping it for a loong time. If the vehicle has been rebuilt in the past and has quite a few miles on it since it was probably/possibly fixed correctly. May want to ask how long the owner has had the vehicle, if only a short period of time I would suspect some lingering issue he would be trying to unload on you. I'd also take it for an inspection and have them do a one over, the money spent on it could save you thousands in the long run.
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2014, 10:48 AM   #3
ccb_dan

Thanks Adam, good advice.
ccb_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2014, 06:56 AM   #4
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Always remember: An owners mods add little or nothing to the value of a Jeep. In some cases (poor installation/quality) mods can destroy the value. High lifts are always suspect.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.