97 Sahara - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > 97 Sahara

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-24-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
Mok327

97 Sahara

Ok so I'm still on the hunt looking for my first jeep. It's been about a month and every jeep I see is either too rusted or out of my budget. My friend is selling his jeep and is willing to go down to $8500. Is it worth it? Here is the link to check out. Thanks in advance!

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/4015096577.html

Mok327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 06:58 AM   #2
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

He replaced the entire frame? Before I read that, the picture of the side shows the frame obviously re-painted, but looked to have some flaking underneath, as if rust was painted over?

If the frame was replaced with a new one, I'd say it's worth it because of the low miles and that trouble area (frame) has been addressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #3
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

If that frame is painted over rust, run...arggggh. How much would it cost to "replace the frame" on a Wrangler anyway?? Just curious.
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.