95 YJ crawler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > 95 YJ crawler

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 12-25-2013, 12:59 AM   #1
Babel

95 YJ crawler

My dad has had a YJ project since 07. He recently passed away and now Ihave his jeep but I have no way to play with it so it is just sitting at his house. My mom gave me the parts list (best she could) an was wondering what to expect as far as the value goes. I want it to go to someone who will enjoy it for what it was made for, and that is not me sadly.

Rear: Ford 8.8 with Detroit Locker.
Superior axles with C Clip eliminator kit
Front: High pinion Dana 44 ARB air locker
4.0 motor auto transmission + shift kit
Custom high steer
4 wheel disc brakes
Master craft seat roll cage
5 point harness
Transmission skid plate
Gas tank skid plate
On board Air
35 BFG tires
Warn rear tire carrier
Warn winch

Thanks for any help. I will answer questions the best I can. Only my mom knows about it as much as he did. There are more parts on it then listed but I am working on figuring those out.

Babel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2013, 04:51 PM   #2
pinaplebob
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Speaking as one who lost his father also, I would keep it. As far as value, I don't think mods add much value. Can you change around any aspect of it to make it more useful towards you? Maybe as a spare vehicle? I regret getting rid of my fathers pick up, and because of that I have vowed to hold onto his keep for as long as possible.

Your jeeps looks pretty sweet btw.
pinaplebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #3
Babel

It's not street legal. I'm getting out of the army in a month an me an my wife have 2 POS cars since my sti got totaled by a drunk driver in August. I need a commute car for school from tacoma to Seattle daily and neither of our cars are worthy. He said it was mine to do with what I wanted and really I have no use for it. I am sure an positive he would understand the money would be better to help us financially getting better cars and other things for life.

It may not be worth much to normal people but a jeep crawler person would want a crawler would be worth more then a stock 95 yj that goes for what.. 4k? He put up to 20k into it.
Babel is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.