95 yj 4 cylinder 11.5k miles value? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > 95 yj 4 cylinder 11.5k miles value?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 02-08-2014, 09:46 AM   #1
Magillacon
1995 YJ Wrangler 

95 yj 4 cylinder 11.5k miles value?

I recent purchased a 95 yj 4 cylinder 2.5l manual transmission complete with half doors, soft top, hard doors, and hard top, stock tires and also a set of 32 inch a/t tires included in purchase. The yj has zero body rust and extremely minimal surface rust underneath. The jeep was kept in storage all these years and driven about once a month. It's Black with tan interior. I bought it with 9.5k miles and now it has 11.5k miles.(yes I mean 11,500). My question is how much is something like this worth? Everything is stock except the 32 inch tires I have on it right now.

Magillacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2014, 10:22 AM   #2
Adam013085

As much as someone will pay for it.

You probably would not be able to sell it for as much as you think. YJs are not collector vehicles and the person who buys it will likely either drive it or make it into an offroad vehicle, although the first option is more likely being so clean. I wouldn't pay much more for a low mileage YJ than I would for one with higher mileage because my intention would be to drive it. Are you looking to sell it after 2k miles or just curious?
Adam013085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2014, 10:25 AM   #3
Magillacon
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Just curious honestly. I love it. It's always been kind of a dream car for me. Just curious what kind of a demand there is for low milage on a yj is good condition.
Magillacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2014, 11:11 AM   #4
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Very low mileage can have a negative connotation. Vehicles not driven far enough to heat the oil to operating levels will incur abnormal wear very quickly. Vehicles not driven at least weekly will have dried out seals and other items. A regularly driven vehicle driven very long distances on highways have been known to go over 100k miles with little or no engine wear. A salesman's car that travels 75k annually can easily go 300,000 miles requiring nothing but oil changes and tires.
It is possible that the low mileage on your vehicle will attract some buyers, but probably not as much as you would think.
Adam013085 asked a good question. If you are interested in how much this Jeep is worth after 2000 miles of driving, are you thinking of selling it and if so, why?

I would say it would worth a little less than you paid for it.
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.