94 YJ Opinions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > 94 YJ Opinions

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
bangoskank

94 YJ Opinions

I posted this in general discussion. Hopefully it qualifies as a technical issue as well, since this seems to get a bit more traffic.

Here is the ad:

http://tinypic.com/r/2po8h2c/5

I can get it for 4200 and want to use it as a daily driver- I do not commute far.

My concern is that it has stock gears and an 8 inch lift. I am not sure of the tires, but I would have a size that doesn't look silly on them- so 33s at least. It being a 4 cylinder makes it more of a problem as far as lacking power goes.

So do you think that it is a good deal? And do you think the above will be a considerable issue? I could always change the gears, but I would have to get it done and know nothing about doing so.

Thanks

bangoskank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 06:49 AM   #2
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I personally would keep looking. I would be concerned about the amount of lift and tire size being used with a 2.5L engine. Who did the lift and how well was it done? No way of knowing, unless you are well versed in that field. For $4200 you should be able to find a YJ in fairly pristine condition and unmodified. Always, always check for rust.
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 07:15 AM   #3
zombiepirate
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Most lifted jeeps unless done 100% correct are nasty drivers on road, Larger tires stress front end parts and some will go in to a death wobble at upper speeds. My 2.5 has 235/15's on it and I know anything bigger would be like throwing out a boat anchor your gears would be OK jeeps can Handel most any thing, but to big of a tire is headed for disaster. I agree with WDNewman Keep looking !!I was just looking at a 1997 with a 4.0 on crisliest, but in Maine for $3.500 in real nice stock condition it needed some soft top repair low mileage nice and clean and yes always check for rust spend a good amount of time under the jeep with a flashlight, Bang your head more times than you can count Rust hides in many places on our jeeps good luck be don't rush you will find a nice one but Hay lean toward stock not lifted. normally a lifted 4x4 has been run in the mud among other nasty places
zombiepirate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #4
bangoskank

Thanks for the responses. I had similar concerns, so I think I will pass this one up.
bangoskank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.