94 YJ Opinions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > 94 YJ Opinions

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
bangoskank

94 YJ Opinions

I posted this in general discussion. Hopefully it qualifies as a technical issue as well, since this seems to get a bit more traffic.

Here is the ad:

http://tinypic.com/r/2po8h2c/5

I can get it for 4200 and want to use it as a daily driver- I do not commute far.

My concern is that it has stock gears and an 8 inch lift. I am not sure of the tires, but I would have a size that doesn't look silly on them- so 33s at least. It being a 4 cylinder makes it more of a problem as far as lacking power goes.

So do you think that it is a good deal? And do you think the above will be a considerable issue? I could always change the gears, but I would have to get it done and know nothing about doing so.

Thanks

bangoskank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 06:49 AM   #2
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I personally would keep looking. I would be concerned about the amount of lift and tire size being used with a 2.5L engine. Who did the lift and how well was it done? No way of knowing, unless you are well versed in that field. For $4200 you should be able to find a YJ in fairly pristine condition and unmodified. Always, always check for rust.
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 07:15 AM   #3
zombiepirate
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Most lifted jeeps unless done 100% correct are nasty drivers on road, Larger tires stress front end parts and some will go in to a death wobble at upper speeds. My 2.5 has 235/15's on it and I know anything bigger would be like throwing out a boat anchor your gears would be OK jeeps can Handel most any thing, but to big of a tire is headed for disaster. I agree with WDNewman Keep looking !!I was just looking at a 1997 with a 4.0 on crisliest, but in Maine for $3.500 in real nice stock condition it needed some soft top repair low mileage nice and clean and yes always check for rust spend a good amount of time under the jeep with a flashlight, Bang your head more times than you can count Rust hides in many places on our jeeps good luck be don't rush you will find a nice one but Hay lean toward stock not lifted. normally a lifted 4x4 has been run in the mud among other nasty places
zombiepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #4
bangoskank

Thanks for the responses. I had similar concerns, so I think I will pass this one up.
bangoskank is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.