79 CJ7 Advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > 79 CJ7 Advice

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiSpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 09-29-2011, 06:07 PM   #1
mkuhr

79 CJ7 Advice

Hey everyone. I'm looking into purchasing a 1979 CJ7, 6 cyl, automatic, with 120k miles. How much would you expect to pay for this? Is there anything for me to watch out for? Things wrong I noticed was small fluid leak underneath the vehicle, one wiper blade does not function. Interior and exterior are both in great shape. Orange paint with white hardtop, ok blue cloth seat interiors. Looks like a lot can be done with it. Any tips, suggestions would be great. Also, what is repair for a CJ7 at this point in it's life like? Thanks.

Michael

mkuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 10:27 PM   #2
CJ7Sasquatch
1979 CJ7 

Depending on the area you live in the Price varies, any where from 1,500-6,000. Check under the jeep, look for rust in the pans, and body, check the springs and perches, check the radiator and bottom of engine for any warning sighns of fluid. If lifted check the drive shaft angles. Check the wiring........ Cjs can be ruff or a diamond, use your best judgment. You will be able to tell if it's junk, that being said it's 32 years old so u can't expect perfect right? But you can make it perfect to you in your desired amount if time......... Just remember jeep stands for " just empty every pocket"
CJ7Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cj7 , help please

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.