4cyl vrs 6 cyl. HELP please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > 4cyl vrs 6 cyl. HELP please

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
newjeepguy1969

4cyl vrs 6 cyl. HELP please

Hi all,
New here but buying a jeep in next few days/weeks. I have a problem. I found a 2001 SE in mint condition with the 4 cyl 2.5 motor and LOW miles. My last Jeep had the 6 cyl and I am not sure about power and so on. It will be mostly a daily driver but also drive on beach for surf fishing and so on. I will not be rock climbing or serious off roading with it and might tow a small boat with it in the future. I would like to lift it (3 or 4")and tires (32 or 33")and such down the road. This is where the 4 banger comes into question. Any problems down the road with a 4 and not a 6??? Any help would be awesome. Thank you.
Bob

newjeepguy1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #2
joeydominick
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjeepguy1969
Hi all,
New here but buying a jeep in next few days/weeks. I have a problem. I found a 2001 SE in mint condition with the 4 cyl 2.5 motor and LOW miles. My last Jeep had the 6 cyl and I am not sure about power and so on. It will be mostly a daily driver but also drive on beach for surf fishing and so on. I will not be rock climbing or serious off roading with it and might tow a small boat with it in the future. I would like to lift it (3 or 4")and tires (32 or 33")and such down the road. This is where the 4 banger comes into question. Any problems down the road with a 4 and not a 6??? Any help would be awesome. Thank you.
Bob
I had the 4 first in my YJ and it was underpowered. On flats it wasn't too bad but hills you had to get a running start and eve with that your foot was to the floor. Also I wouldn't dare pull out or merge into traffic anywhere close to me, just like a brick on wheels. Now that I have the 6 in my TJ it's like night and day even with the 4" lift and 33's. gas mileage is similar in both, not sure about towing.
joeydominick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

4 cylinders do fine off road, it's on the highway where it really suffers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #4
newjeepguy1969

Thanks guys. I was wondering about that. I guess I will hold out on a 6 cyl and keep looking.
newjeepguy1969 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.