4. Cylinder 4 wheel drive - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > 4. Cylinder 4 wheel drive

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right hereJK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.

Unread 08-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
AverageGuyGolf1
1992 YJ Wrangler 

4. Cylinder 4 wheel drive

I know a 4 cylinder won't get me from point A to point B quickly but will get the job done. I've never owned a 4x4 before, in the 4 Cylinder will the 4x4 work well in snow, etc. I won't need acceleration just power to get through things, it will be a second car that I use for fun and in bad weather.

Just looking for advice.

AverageGuyGolf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 04:03 PM   #2
Jason
Sarcastic Genius

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Sure it will. I never had a problem getting though anything in my 4 cylinder. It won't ever feel like a sports car, (Very few Jeeps do regardless of engine), but the 4 cyl has enough torque to get you moving. The major complaint about the 4 cyl is maintaining highway speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #3
AverageGuyGolf1
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Sure it will. I never had a problem getting though anything in my 4 cylinder. It won't ever feel like a sports car, (Very few Jeeps do regardless of engine), but the 4 cyl has enough torque to get you moving. The major complaint about the 4 cyl is maintaining highway speeds.
Thank you
AverageGuyGolf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 06:44 PM   #4
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

4 Cylinder? No Problem.

I have had two Jeeps, on TJ several years ago and currently a YJ. Never had a problem...(OK, few YJ problems) with the 4 cylinder. If you are not in to jacking them up or running humongous tires to impress the kiddies, then they will do fine. I traveled all over the south in the TJ, mostly on Interstates running legal speeds (65-70) and never had any problems maintaining speed. I was running it factory stock though.
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.