• 1 Post By flyin-lowe

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 08-14-2017, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
AeroNutical
2012 JK Wrangler 

2016 JKU Sahara on dealer lot

Sticker price states: 36,905
Dealer website: 38405 - 3339 = 35066

32K unreasonable to offer? What type of leverage do I have with a 2 year old model?

http://www.gatorchrysler.net/new/Jee...e595a64cca.htm

I couldn't fix my brakes, so instead I made my horn louder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-15-2017, 07:51 AM
cranbiz
2012 JK Wrangler 

You can always offer $32K, unless they are desperate, they probably won't take it and may laugh at you. Wranglers are in demand and they won't have too much problem moving it. The thing you do have going for you is that the Jeep is costing the dealer money in interest sitting there for a long time. You have a better chance if you wait until the end of the month when the dealer is trying to make their numbers.

Get the invoice so you know where to start. You might be able to get a few % off of invoice. If you work for an employer that is a Chrysler Affiliate, you can always get 1% below invoice. I would go to the affiliate website to see if your employer is part of the program.

That $35K figure is not the dealer discounting, they are putting in all factory incentives available at this time and including ones that you may not qualify for. It's a standard dealer trick to get you in the door. Factory incentives don't cost the dealer money.

06 KJ
12 JK,2.5" Teraflex lift,Bilstein 5100's,BFG KO2's P305/65R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA
post #3 of 6 Old 08-20-2017, 05:20 PM
Kev M
2012 WK 

What the hell is wrong with a 2016 JKU Sahara that it is STILL sitting on a dealer lot up to nearly 2 years later?

Screw just worrying about the price, is there something else wrong?

Stupid options?
Damaged in transit and repaired?
Lemon buy back?

Current Jeeps:

2016 JKUS
2012 WK2 Limited

post #4 of 6 Old 08-24-2017, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
AeroNutical
2012 JK Wrangler 

Don't know about any issues on the vehicle. Don't know the mileage. Can't find any records for the VIN. The options don't seem stupid to me. Don't know if the vehicle was a dealer transfer.

I can only assume because 1. The color and 2. it is a manual. Not conducive for the non-hardcore Jeepers that tend to buy around here.

I'm stepping back from buying for a month or so due to other reasons. Might start looking again at the end of September.

I couldn't fix my brakes, so instead I made my horn louder.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-26-2017, 09:33 PM
Kev M
2012 WK 

Aww hell I didn't check out the link. Awesome color, love it.

That said there's not much in the way of options and it's been on the lot for what over a year.

If it's still available when you look again I'd start at $30k. I didn't pay a lot more than what they're asking but I got a ton more options.

Anyway good luck when the time comes!

Current Jeeps:

2016 JKUS
2012 WK2 Limited
post #6 of 6 Old 09-22-2017, 07:21 AM
flyin-lowe
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in the same battle. I found a 16 Sport on the lot at my local dealer. So far they are not dropping the price. The 17's are sitting right beside it and the sticker prices are the same. I am going to work on them at the end of this month. I have been told it is the end of their fiscal year so they will have to worry about taxes and other issues with it starting Oct. 1.
AeroNutical likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.