2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel and Bluray Entertainment - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel and Bluray Entertainment

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 11-15-2013, 10:44 PM   #16
shanhuber

Personally, I would go out and buy 2 iPads - would be cheaper, and much more versatile. No idea what the is causing the delay.

shanhuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 08:42 AM   #17
copter101

The only thing with the iPads is I would have to download 2 sets of movies for the kids versus one DVD. Probably not an issue once the kids get older but we sure have a big Disney DVD collection that I would then have to duplicate by purchasing and downloading to iPads.
copter101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2013, 08:24 AM   #18
stevemci

2014 Grand Cherokee Summit DVD System

Found out yesterday that the DVD Entertainment system will not be available to order on the previously noted Nov 27 date. New available date not yet determined. Got this from Jeep.ca Looks like I will have to buy a player from Walmart!!
Unread 11-25-2013, 07:39 PM   #19
copter101

I couldn't wait any longer for Chrysler to bring the Rear DVD to market. I bought my Summit Saturday. I am going to install a Rosen AV7700 seat back system. It may actually work better for the kids than the factory system because it will free up the center console plus it has the ability to play two different movies at the same time. Also it is cheaper than the factory system. By the way, our new Summit is AWESOME!
copter101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 11:52 PM   #20
cloose

Quote:
Originally Posted by copter101 View Post
The only thing with the iPads is I would have to download 2 sets of movies for the kids versus one DVD. Probably not an issue once the kids get older but we sure have a big Disney DVD collection that I would then have to duplicate by purchasing and downloading to iPads.
Copy the DVD's to your computer, convert to mp4, and add to iTunes to load onto the iPads.....simple.
cloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #21
715racing
2013 JK Wrangler 

Copy the DVD's to your computer, convert to mp4, and add to iTunes to load onto the iPads.....simple.

Can you imagine if someone 20 years ago heard this statement? The blank stares would be incredible. They'd be taking you straight to the nut house!

Hard to believe how the world has changed.
Unread 12-04-2013, 07:22 AM   #22
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloose View Post
or...you know...don't have a 21st century kid dependent on technology and have a need to have a screen in front of their face all the time to keep them quiet. god forbid we actually engage our kids in conversation during a drive, we have to keep them quiet at all costs.

just a thought.
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 04:03 AM   #23
goodhomer

Has anyone gotten an update from Chrysler on the Blu-ray availability? They told me mid-November in a November 1 e-mail.
goodhomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 02:36 PM   #24
Velocity24

I actually received a call from the dealer today that we can finally order it.
Velocity24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #25
spaceracer

Can anybody else confirm if they have been able to other the rear entertainment system?
spaceracer is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.