2014 Jeep Cherokee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > 2014 Jeep Cherokee

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
missdoc77
2014 KL Cherokee 

2014 Jeep Cherokee

I've been researching and eagerly awaiting the arrival of the 2014 Jeep Cherokee here in Houston. They are starting to trickle in finally! The one question I've not yet answered for myself is regarding the FWD vs. 4x4 option. Obviously there is no need for 4x4 in Houston. My hope is that I'll keep this car for a good long time and my plan is to eventually live in Colorado where 4x4 will certainly be handy to have. However, there's no guarantee I'll end up there... so my biggest dilemma is really whether or not to invest the extra $2000 for "just in case" and whether or not that investment would benefit me on resale value. Thoughts? Opinions?

Any thought on how the FWD will perform off-highway, "easy" off road terrain? This will be my 1st Jeep since the I drove the old boxy model way back when... will I find myself seeking out off road opportunities and wish I had 4x4?? LOL It'll stretch my budget to add the $2000 4x4 price tag on top of the other options I want so trying to make the most educated decision possible before heading to the dealerships.

Other than that, any price negotiation advice? I have a feeling they won't budge much since there seems to be quite a demand for these.

missdoc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 08:23 PM   #2
paruchda

No idea on negotiating on the Cherokee. In this forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/...24/index7.html) another member (shanhuber) has very helpful comments on negotiating with the Jeep Grand Cherokee. Definitely read through the forum. Maybe it could apply to the Cherokee too.

As far as 4x4, personally I'd rather get the 4x4 and never use it. I don't think you can add it later.
paruchda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #3
missdoc77
2014 KL Cherokee 

Thanks. LOTS of pages of info to read through on that thread but I think the general consensus is that I can shoot for 5% below invoice, maybe more? This will be my 1st new car purchase so I'm quite anxious about it and don't want to get hosed on the deal!!

Wishing I could wait 6 months - year and maybe find a used 2014 but my Mustang is at 82000 miles so thinking now is a good time to trade it in, even though I'll miss it dearly.
Unread 11-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #4
missdoc77
2014 KL Cherokee 

Happy to say I bought my new Jeep!! I'm completely in love with it. I got the FWD Limited with V6 and luxury options. My dealer did come down on price a little when others I talked to wouldn't budge so along with a good amount on my trade, I got the deal I was looking for! Thanks to paruchda for responding to my questions!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.