2009 Wranger X Possible Buy - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > 2009 Wranger X Possible Buy

Alloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 99551 Ton Heavy Duty Steering Upgrade Kit. New and Improved d

Unread 04-08-2013, 08:00 AM   #1
sviselli

2009 Wranger X Possible Buy

Hey guys,

New to this site and I really really really need some good advice here!

I am looking at an 2009 jeep wranger x 6 speed with 50,000 Kms on it.

They owner has has kept it fully stock and has multiple receipts of all the dealer work that has been done, nothing serious.

He has also replaced both diff seals because he said they were leaking, is this common?

Also there is this weird tick, click sound in the lower gears. It sounds like the throw bearing cuz when you press in the clutch it goes away! and I have read a few threads on that, and most people say its not a big deal. The car drives, shifts perfect?! But I dont want to buy this thing if it is a lemon, can anyone help me?!

Once again this car looks mint, no accidents, major issues and has power train warranty till dec 2014, would it cover if the throw bearing went?

sviselli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #2
Jason
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Many of the NSG370 transmissions had throwout bearing noise that goes away with the clutch depressed. Mine has since the day I bought it. So far as I can tell, it's annoying and that's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
We're men! We don't need no stinkin directions!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.