2007 WK- what to expect - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > 2007 WK- what to expect

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-30-2014, 07:08 PM   #1
Topchedda
2012 JK Wrangler 

2007 WK- what to expect

I'm looking at trading in my 2012 2dr sport JK for a 2007 grand cherokee with 75k miles. It has the 3.7L engine which I've heard mixed reviews about. The vehicle will mostly be my DD and seldom off-roading will be done. I enjoy my wrangler but just need something 4door and with more room. Just wondering what peoples experience has been with this vehicle and also any things that I should look for or ask the dealer.

Another question I had was if anyone has tried asking the dealer for the inspection report they have from when they brought the car in. They obviously inspect every car before selling but was wondering if any dealer has given out what they had found wrong.

Thanks in advance

Topchedda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2014, 07:36 AM   #2
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Ask for a CarFax report.
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2014, 08:09 AM   #3
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

If you are asking about the used Car Check report most will show you it. But what you will see is what was fixed. Most techs write down what the vehicle needs and gets it ok'd to get fixed. These are usually items that it needs to pass your state inspection. BUT there is also a part on that sheet of what's recommended by the tech. It's stuff they see that they see that should be fixed.

Most of it doesn't pertain to how the car will run though. In other words mechanical parts. It all comes down the the total $$$ of the over all bill. If the brakes pass, then that might be it. They just pass and may only last another 8 months or so. Even if they are low. Some will give you the report on that also. Letting you know the thickness of your pads, tire tread depth, charge of the A/C and so forth. Good luck... I see that you are in Delaware. A CarFax report are pretty much useless there. Delaware and Ohio do not have to report damaged vehicles. Flood damage and so forth. When I trade a vehicle from one of those states we really gotta dig to get history and rack the vehicle to check over it before trading it.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 05-01-2014, 07:17 PM   #4
Topchedda
2012 JK Wrangler 

I took the car for a test drive and it rode and handled nice. I asked for incoming service report and they had changed oil, mounted and balanced the rear tires, they changed transmission cooling lines because they were leaking, serpentine belt was worn and replaced, and wheel alignment. I asked for a car fax and they wouldn't do that until we had a price locked in. I asked then why and they said it cost them money to run it. I threw them a lowball offer and then left. The "guy in charge" came out and explained how it cost them money and said he just wants to know I'm serious about the car and then he would run it.

I'm just curious as to what your guys thoughts were with it having a worn belt and leaky lines. Is this a sign of poor maintenance upkeep by the previous owner? It's also my first used car purchase and I'm not sure what is normal or typical for rust. I saw a fair amount under the car around the exhaust section and around the shock springs.

Thanks again.
Topchedda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.