2007 WK Limited - Good Buy? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > 2007 WK Limited - Good Buy?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #1
tehkwhiz
2001 WJ 

2007 WK Limited - Good Buy?

My Mom's '01 WJ Limited with the 4.7 apparently has a massive oil leak in the far back of the engine, thing must need two quarts a week added into it. Trying to convince my stepdad to just trade it in, it's a huge hassle to fix it (from what his friend, who is also a Chrysler tech said), and he is pretty lazy...

I found this '07 Limited over at Yark. Looks clean, has the 4.7 w/ 112k miles on the clock, had a few questions.

1.) Asking price is $11,929. For a fairly clean '07 Limited with 112k and Quadra-Trac (may even be Quadra-Trac II, not sure), is this a fair price?

2.) Anything specific with the WK to look out for when test driving or inspecting it?

3.) Can I throw a MyGig RER NAV radio from a later model ('07/'08) in there without any too many additional modifications?

4.) EPA rated it 15/20 mpg. Can anybody chime in with what they average?

5.) It's FlexFuel capable... how would it run on a tank of E85? Is there any noticeable performance hit or economy hit?

Thanks for the help.

Here's the link to the dealer page with all the other specs and info I left out:

Yark Automotive - Toledo, OH: Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

tehkwhiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2013, 08:15 AM   #2
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

First thing would be to check KBB and Edmunds for the fair market value of this unit. Then a CarFax check. The EPA rating is usually the standard for what you can expect. More if you drive carefully, less if you dog it.
I wouldn't put E85 into any vehicle unless I had rented it.
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.