2007 Sahara 1xx,000 miles blown engine - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > 2007 Sahara 1xx,000 miles blown engine

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-09-2014, 03:51 PM   #1
SpiderViper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

2007 Sahara 1xx,000 miles blown engine

Hello all just wondering what would be a fair price for this 2007 Sahara jk project hard doors soft op only 6 speed blown 6cyl "motor knocking" a friend from work parked it about a year ago with the intentions of engines swap and never got to it his wife wants it gone...
What's it worth???
Thanks Chris

Unread 01-10-2014, 05:52 AM   #2
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

It is worth whatever KBB, Edmunds, or NADA listings say it is worth less the cost of a new engine and labor to replace it. KBB says $12k, but there are other factors: It has been parked for a year and there could be unknown problems galore.
The new engine and labor to replace would be (my estimate) about $3k. The unknown problems are, by definition, unknown. I would knock at least another $1k off and offer the owner $8,000. You still could come out on the short end.

Last edited by WDNewman; 01-10-2014 at 05:53 AM.. Reason: miss-spelled word
WDNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2014, 03:26 PM   #3
SpiderViper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Gotcha I was gonna offer 3k but that might be a little insulting. I want to come out ahead if I'm gonna come out at kbb price I wuold rather just save up and less all the headaches... Thanks for the input Newman!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.