2006 Rubicon LJ w/ 6500 miles! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Buying Forum > 2006 Rubicon LJ w/ 6500 miles!

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 05-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #1
GS430
2006 LJ Wrangler 

2006 Rubicon LJ w/ 6500 miles!

Check it out on ebay. It's in New Jersey and the bidding is up to $20,600 right now. Any predictions on final price?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Wrangle...US_Cars_Trucks

GS430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2014, 06:23 PM   #2
tnfritch
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Since it still has 5 days left, I think it will at least go for 27k.
tnfritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2014, 06:53 AM   #3
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Whoa! Lets think through this.

WHY would an eight year old vehicle have only 6500 miles.

Thats 812 miles per year! The national average is over 10,000.

812 miles per year is 68 miles per month OR a hair over two miles per day. 2.25 to be exact.

The WORST possible usage of an internal combustion engine is short trips that do not allow the engine to get up to operating temperatures and burn off water vapors, contaminants, etc. It is MUCH better to have
an IC engine run steadily mile after mile than run it on short trip. This is why taxis can go hundreds of thousands of miles in stop and go driving without engine replacement. This is why salesman can run vehicles
over 100,000 miles per year for several years without engine repair.

If this Jeep had 80k miles on it with good service records, I would say go for it. As things stand I would not purchase it without at least an oil analysis and a compression check.

Granted, it has been what we call a "hanger queen" and has just apparently sat there year after year. I do not understand these kind of owners, but then I am not required to understand them.

Demand to see the service records.
Unread 05-12-2014, 07:30 AM   #4
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

seams like a good deal at first but I agree with newman. Something is up and that engine hasnt been run enough. I wouldnt even though it is purty.
Unread 05-12-2014, 07:57 AM   #5
GS430
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I agree - attached is an even lower mileage example on Ebay, pretty unusual to see Jeeps with miles this low. It's up to $24,000!

GS430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2014, 01:54 PM   #6
WDNewman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS430 View Post
I agree - attached is an even lower mileage example on Ebay, pretty unusual to see Jeeps with miles this low. It's up to $24,000!

Wow! That ad has more red flags than a Russian May Day parade. "Small lien" indeed! All the earmarks of a scam.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.